By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 will NOT fall under 200k WW the rest of this generation

I seem to remember someone making such a bold prediciton for the 360 late last year / early this year. Though their sales floor was 150K. We know how that turned out.

A safer bet would be that average weekly PS3 sales from Slim to end of generation won't go below 200K. That way a few sub 200K weeks won't make you look like a console blinded fool. Heck you might even make so bold as saying a 10-week moving average would always stay above 200K.

But every individual week... cripes the Wii spent 6 consecutive weeks below 200K this year (Edit: and a total of 9 weeks) and that is the beast of this generation. The few weeks prior to the next PS3 price cut will see the bottom drop out of sales, whenever that price cut happens to be.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
numonex said:
The PS3 will fall below 200k within a couple of weeks. In 2010 there will be weeks it will be barely above 100k let alone stay above 150k.

MUCH crow to be served

lmfao

binary solo said:

I seem to remember someone making such a bold prediciton for the 360 late last year / early this year. Though their sales floor was 150K. We know how that turned out.

A safer bet would be that average weekly PS3 sales from Slim to end of generation won't go below 200K. That way a few sub 200K weeks won't make you look like a console blinded fool. Heck you might even make so bold as saying a 10-week moving average would always stay above 200K.

But every individual week... cripes the Wii spent 6 consecutive weeks below 200K this year (Edit: and a total of 9 weeks) and that is the beast of this generation. The few weeks prior to the next PS3 price cut will see the bottom drop out of sales, whenever that price cut happens to be.

Yes yes I could have taken the safe route with a moderate prediction but I wanted something with pizazz

I'm bookmarking this thread for the 4th week of July... When its hot, E3 buzz is over, and everyone is out on lakes rather then playing games on consoles...

Until PS3 gets to $199 I don't think it can sustain 200+K every week...

Triple Chix said:
I'm bookmarking this thread for the 4th week of July... When its hot, E3 buzz is over, and everyone is out on lakes rather then playing games on consoles...

Until PS3 gets to $199 I don't think it can sustain 200+K every week...

broiled or poached?

Around the Network

i'm kinda agree with this guy....at least until march 2010, the ps3 will sell 200k per week.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Shipment constraints after the holidays will insure it will fall below 200k. Hell 150k would have been a bold prediction :P

markers said:
binary solo said:

Yes yes I could have taken the safe route with a moderate prediction but I wanted something with pizazz

What's life without a few risks eh?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

time to beat the old horse and give my last horrah before it falls under 200k in the following weeks.

/serves crowpie

shun the non-believers~

Alright time to take a look at this prediction,

Last week we had ps3 sales of 514,801. With the holidays being over, supply straints still happening, and the next big game is weeks away from release, my prediction is in danger. After reading the japanese preview I can expect about 45-50% drop (in japan atleast) but I will take this percentage WW

NA | Europe | Japan

Last Week: 122,942 | 270,473 | 121,386

Next Week: 61,471-67,618 | 135,237-148,760 | 60,693-66,762

Total: 257,401-283,140

Verdict: Close but no cigar. Prediction will hold for next week, unless of course hw falls further than 55%(+) in each region in the coming week. How will it fair the week after next though is the question