By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 will NOT fall under 200k WW the rest of this generation

Aion said:
It will after the holidays.

Yeah that is my main concern. I am hoping with the release of FFXIII (in NA/EU) GT5, GoWIII, and other titles can keep the sales above 200k until 2010 holidays. And I hoping for some type of bundling or incentive, not necessarily another price cut, to be announced at E3 to further the sales of the console.

Around the Network

once after like january it will be 90k

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

It looks like the America part of the prediction is the most problematic, and may sabotage the overall prediction.

These kind of formulations just set the OP up for failure, though.  If PS3 drops below 200k occasionally but is usually above, and is usually outselling 360, that's AWESOME for PS3/Sony yet looks like a failure because of how the prediction is formulated.

If it falls below 200k then it happens, if you read throughout this thread I have stated quite a few times I believe it will fall below 200k sometime in 2010. As for the regional part I was just guesstimating on the lowest selling points for the regions whilst keeping its total above 200k. Like you said if it maintains its course outselling the 360 then I am a happy camper, whether or not this prediction holds up.

markers said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

It looks like the America part of the prediction is the most problematic, and may sabotage the overall prediction.

These kind of formulations just set the OP up for failure, though.  If PS3 drops below 200k occasionally but is usually above, and is usually outselling 360, that's AWESOME for PS3/Sony yet looks like a failure because of how the prediction is formulated.

If it falls below 200k then it happens, if you read throughout this thread I have stated quite a few times I believe it will fall below 200k sometime in 2010. As for the regional part I was just guesstimating on the lowest selling points for the regions whilst keeping its total above 200k. Like you said if it maintains its course outselling the 360 then I am a happy camper, whether or not this prediction holds up.

Yep, here's hoping.  If PS3 makes it through the next couple of weeks it should be golden until January.  I think it will be unless the Wii price cut has more effect on PS3 than anticipated.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
markers said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Yep, here's hoping.  If PS3 makes it through the next couple of weeks it should be golden until January.  I think it will be unless the Wii price cut has more effect on PS3 than anticipated.

Yeah I am unsure at this moment if the wii price cut will take from ps3 sales and if so how much. I am confindent though it can stay above 200k until the holiday rush starts though.

Around the Network

Depends on, if Uncharetd 2 will be a system seller or just great AAA game.

But 235k good result for ps3, it could stay at this level with incoming releases of new games.
Yeah, i think, PS3 can stay at 200k+ for the rest of year.
Just like in Japan at 40-50k+ too.

40-50k Japan
70-80k NA
90-110k Others

Bold prediction. At least someone has the guts to make this kind of ballsy prediction.

I would say it doesn't go below 157,000 rest of generation.

Stays above 17,000 in Japan

Stays above 60,000 in America

Stays above 80,000 in Others

ZorroX said:
Depends on, if Uncharetd 2 will be a system seller or just great AAA game.

But 235k good result for ps3, it could stay at this level with incoming releases of new games.
Yeah, i think, PS3 can stay at 200k+ for the rest of year.
Just like in Japan at 40-50k+ too.

40-50k Japan
70-80k NA
90-110k Others

In my opinion Uncharted 2 will have the same effect as ODST, a small 10-30k hardware bump. Nothing spectacular, but then again I might be surprised with a modest boost but it is most unlikely for the only explanation I could give for that would be absurd lol

Push that # down to 175k and I'll agree with you.

tedsteriscool said:
Push that # down to 175k and I'll agree with you.

its too late!!!! dun dun dunnnnnn