By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Woah 40GB ps3 sold out in perth Australia!!

I will not believe anything until Vgchartz numbers come out, although I do hope that the PS3 does well.

Around the Network

good to see the PS3 finally holding some ground in sales.. can't wait to see the sales charts in the next few weeks

Onimusha12 said:
Exciting, I'm eager to see what the sales are, but considering how frequently this site is updated anymore it's doubtful we'll know for weeks to come.

What do you mean? The only data missing is the Japanese sales for one week, which ioi specifically said would be delayed due to moving the site to another server.

And because it's Japanese data, we already have it through Media Create/Famitsu, y-koron posts their estimates on the front page news every week.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Come on, this happens all the time, "Euro Launch", "Starter Pack", "80 Gb Launch"...

The sales pick up, and then fall like a rock... they haven't hit the sweet spot... yet

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
Come on, this happens all the time, "Euro Launch", "Starter Pack", "80 Gb Launch"...

The sales pick up, and then fall like a rock... they haven't hit the sweet spot... yet

I wouldn't be so sure about that, this time the PS3 is cheaper then the Elite and the amount of games is growing.

Salesnumbers could keep up this time.

Around the Network

Willem why are you comparing the price of the low-end PS3 model with the high-end 360 SKU? This just doesn't make sense...

well hopefully this shows in the numbers.

Great news for Sony--I think that with games FINALLY coming out in regular fashion (many being really neat or unique)...Eye of Judgment, Folklore, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, etc., you will gradually see the sales pick up a little each week until the holiday tidal wave comes in.

The 40GB still offers a lot for $399--(40 GB HD, cell, blu-ray, upscaler for dvd's, HDMI, WiFi, 2 USB ports, Internet browser, free online, etc.) I know two people planning on buying one before Christmas because they don't care about BC--they have a ps2 for that. (For those who do care, they still can get a premium--the choice is good)  The important thing is the LOWER price point.

With that said, it should at least make things more interesting this holiday season than they were going to be. Exciting, and I'm happy for Sony.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

this happens everytime theres a new this or cheaper that

360's selling ok then elite came out and was soldout then we had a price cut and 360 says improved again

when the 60gb had a price drop it did well and when the 80gb came out it did well but its not going to last no more than 5 weeks

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

I find it incredibly unlikely that the 40gig will increase numbers. the fact that it was sold out in australia (or the 3 stores he went) isnt encouraging either. How many units are actually shipped there?

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie