By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Arcade SKU comes with 5 game... demos? Hang on, what???

http://www.gametab.com/news/1073984/

OK, Microsoft, we're sorry. We do need an official announcement for the 360 Arcade Pack. With the new SKU hitting shelves over the weekend, it's also been turning up in homes for a round of unboxings. One of these has us perplexed. We'd always been under the impression that the five bundled XBLA games (Feeding Frenzy , Boom Boom Rocket, Luxor 2, Uno & Pac-Man Championship) were just that. Games. Now we're not sure whether they're full games or just demos. Clarifcation would be swell, because if they're just demos, I'm going to end my self-imposed ban on boooooing like an angry chimp.

Well, that sort of sucks. I was presuming it would come with some games... not just a demo disc? Is this supposed to encourage people to get online and purchase the full version of some of the games?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

No one is going to buy the core anyways so i don't think it matters what it comes with.

GranTurismo said:
No one is going to buy the core anyways so i don't think it matters what it comes with.

Why? Already stated that the package - at this price appeals to me. Would have helped if it came with FULL games though :P

Would you say the 40Gig PS3 doesn't appeal to people for the same reason?  (cheapest model, crippled hardware)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The 40gb unit is a gimped piece of shit and not worth my money. But the 40gb unit still gives you PS3 gameplay with a HDD, while the 360 with no HDD is gimped beyond anything, XBL is the main selling point for the system. Plus the lack of HDD makes the games run slower that use the HDD to cache information.

Your just jumping to conclusions GranTurismo. I've been waiting since the 360 launched (and will probably keep waiting) for the core to drop. There are a few games I would love to own on the 360 (Eternal Sonata, Dead Rising, Blue Dragon and a few others). I absolutely despise online play. Most of the games I want on the system are RPGs anyway and do not require online play to enjoy the game. Just because XBL is a major selling point for the system for most people doesnt mean that it is a major selling point for ALL people.

Around the Network

Deceptive marketing?

who cares you get a free memory card. and a wireless controller.
An upgrade from the core

How can this not be known? Someone just needs to buy it and see if it's the full games or just trial versions.

I'm guessing it's the full games because even Microsoft isn't *that* retarded... are they??

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Galaki said:
Deceptive marketing?

How is it deceptive marketing if it's five trial games and it says "Plus Five Trial Games"?

I guess it would be deceptive marketing if it was five full games (as I'm guessing it is, sites like Kotaku always freak out over things that turn out to be non-news), but not exactly the kind of deceptive marketing one can complain about.  More like bad marketing, someone in the marketing department not knowing what a "trial game"is.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

The last think i want is console to become like buying a computer. Full of demos and/or trial-wares that slow your computer down, etc.