By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 5A - Game Thread

Son1x said:
edit 2: holy s**t, all the posts at "Recent Forum Activity" on my profile are from one of the Mafia Round threads.

Oh yeah?  Mine are all from THIS thread AND in the last three hours!  That's crazy.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Son1x said:
Why the caps lock for names? :D

Name of person NAME OF VOTE TARGET

[edit:  for clarity on which was which, and to emphasize the target since that's the more important one.  (Added edit since the other post saying "for clarity got pushed down.)] 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

we're obsessed.

gawd, id hate for the 11 of us in this thread (plus WoW) to ever be in a real-life game of Mafia. id probably die of exhaustion.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.

^ for clarity.

Final-Fan said:
Son1x said:
edit 2: holy s**t, all the posts at "Recent Forum Activity" on my profile are from one of the Mafia Round threads.

Oh yeah?  Mine are all from THIS thread AND in the last three hours!  That's crazy.  

mine are all from within the last hour. >.<

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Around the Network
trashleg said:
we're obsessed.

gawd, id hate for the 11 of us in this thread (plus WoW) to ever be in a real-life game of Mafia. id probably die of exhaustion.

Real life games are WAY WAY shorter, like -- hmm, I don't remember.  Usually I don't play just one.  But you can get several done in one day.  

Well its pretty much confirmed that we... don't have anything better to do it seems.
Or maybe this game is just so addicting :/

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I've been wondering but how do you play Mafia in real life? I mean you are pretty much looking at each other, no? How do you vote, and kill/save/investigate at night and stuff.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

^ah i suppose that could be because you're all in the same place and you dont have to wait for people to come online or whatever?

im sleepy. its almost 2am. please dont kill me in my sleep i dont wanna wake up dead tomorrow.

night guys x

Son1x said:
I've been wondering but how do you play Mafia in real life? I mean you are pretty much looking at each other, no? How do you vote, and kill/save/investigate at night and stuff.

at "night" everyone shuts their eyes, but the mafia are allowed to make silent gestures with their eyes at who they want to murder. and its moderated, too.

i wikipedia'd it earlier