By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Connection Ambassador Promotion coming to Europe :D

Wii Shop: Connect friends - get free VC games

Nintendo launches 'Connection Ambassador Promotion' with awesome rewards

Nintendo has announced the launch of the 'Connection Ambassador Promotion', which will reward Wii owners for encouraging friends to connect online.

The rewards scheme will start in Europe this October and will allow players to become 'Ambassadors' by encouraging friends and family to "get connected with their Wii", says Nintendo.

For their trouble the 'Ambassador', as well as the player they help connect, will both receive 500 Wii Points for connecting one person.

When you eventually managed to help connect 20 people (which is the maximum number for the reward), the total amount of Wii Points received will equal 10,000, says Nintendo.

And here's the best bit: if you help ten people connect to WiiWare you'll become a "Connection Master Gold" which will allow you to download all Nintendo first party NES games for free on Virtual Console. All of them.

One step further than that, if you manage to get 20 friends and family online you'll be branded "Connection Master Platinum" which will let you download for free all first party and third party NES, SNES and N64 games on Virtual Console.

This is awesome. We're phoning all of our friends and family right now.

________

Gonna call my aunt soon. :P

Around the Network

*faints*

Wow, this would kick ass on latin america. im sure only 10% of the users have their wii connected

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

That sux for me, I live in the U.S. and I got my niece and one of my friends Wii's connected online.

.... I wish I knew 20 people who needed their Wii connecting to the internet.

Around the Network
Asriel said:

Ditto.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

awesome-sauce Ill definatyl get on this if it ever comes to Canada

Demotruk said:
Asriel said:

Ditto.

Me three

Looks like I'll be standing outside shops asking people if they need help.