By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Problem: It won't shut down

Hey Soriku, download HiJackThis, run it and post the entire log here and I'll check it for you. Then I'll tell you what to do.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Windows XP is very stable, leo-j, what do you use?

Linux is great, but XP is great too...

As for me, I have Vista because I bought this computer from a friend, who got Vista for like $10. It pretty much sucks though...I would go back to XP if I could find my disc...

I'm running XP Service Pack 3. It improves the speed of the OS.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Woah, SP3 already?

yea, SP1 for vista is about to release too.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

BenKenobi88 said:

As for me, I have Vista because I bought this computer from a friend, who got Vista for like $10. It pretty much sucks though...I would go back to XP if I could find my disc...

ok, i'm running Vista and i can't see why people think it sucks compared to XP, as you can set it up so it looks the same as XP. The only software i lost was Nero 6, but everything else works fine. So if you ever make it back into this thread, what don't you like about it?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
BenKenobi88 said:

ok, i'm running Vista and i can't see why people think it sucks compared to XP, as you can set it up so it looks the same as XP. The only software i lost was Nero 6, but everything else works fine. So if you ever make it back into this thread, what don't you like about it?

its just the cool thing to do... to bash on vista.

I dual boot xp and vista, but i really have no problems with vista, so i have almost always been using it.  Everyone scared me into installing xp because of how "bad" vista is, but I've really had no trouble with it.

UAC pissed the crap out of me, but i turned it off, and now i have little complaints.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
nordlead said:
BenKenobi88 said:

The fact that I have to make it look and act like XP to enjoy it. I keep thinking why did I even bother installing this on a spare hard drive? And then I remember oh yeah because I enjoy playing games with DX10 even though there is hardly any difference at all. I am just looking forward to Crysis when DX10 will mean 3D waves and Parallax Occlusion, the first two noticeable additions from DX10 to any game!

Edit: Oh BTW - I love the Performance Index thing, because I have vista installed on an old hard drive it scores a 4.0. So naturally rather than an average it takes the lowest despite it being the lowest by almost 2 full points. Pretty sad for a scale of 1-6. But hey I have a new hard drive ordered to upgrade the poor thing, so it won't be an issue.

Edit2: Oh and if anyone knows how to get the icons back to XP icons let me know, I haven't played with it much yet but its one of my biggest complaints with the look. 

PS - Ben I don't know if you have disabled the annoying popups where it asks you to hit "Continue" etc... but if you haven't and you want to try this website

To Each Man, Responsibility

Alt ctrl del then turn off any programs ran by owners

What was the point of that?

Soriku probably has it fixed.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you