By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Version Of FFXIII Downgraded Due To 360

...should have been on the Debate team.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:
...should have been on the Debate team.

No, you shouldn't have

even if the early shots were on the PS3 they still wouldn't be a good comparison as you don't know the frame rate it could have been running 5-10 FPS vs 30 fps.

and to me the newer shot just look like they have added a depth of field filter and possibly changed the type and or level of AA. the 360 has been proven to be able to output very similar and in many cases superior Graphics and with compression 3 DVDs (about 21GB) vs 1 SL Blu-ray (25GB) considering that because of things like seek time they probably will put the same data more than once on the PS3 ver like Oblivion the PS3 ver wouldn't have to be downgraded much if at all because of the 360

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

The deficiencies in PS3 graphics of some multiplatform games were do to the unfamiliarity with PS3 Hardware...which is all completely new, whist 360 is, years and years old (modded PC tech).

Now were seeing companies that get to know the Hardware can make absolutely ridiculously stunning looking games with 30+ FPS (Killzone 2, Uncharted, Batman: AA, Bioshock ect) which all look better on PS3.

its a mater of KNOWING the tech your designing for...360 is at its Peak, PS3 is still building. NO that comment isnt mean to build a fan war...its common knowledge to anyone who can look past their fanboy nature.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

you know what i meant (Expects 5 people to say neeewb 3 of dose games be PS3 exclusive, o cerse dey look beter on PS3, neeewb"

Around the Network

@SSLI, another good point

i love how some fangirls keep believing that there's some untapped power on the PS3 which makes it overpower the 360

rafichamp said:

One of the biggest debate fallacies is basing your arguments upon unsubstantiated assumptions, and then using said arguments to bolster said assumptions.

Right now SS' argument looks a little like this: 

1)  I assume the first shot was an actual shot fully running on the PS3 version.

2)  I assume the second shot is from the multiplat version, and thus downgraded due to the PS3 (my mistake) 360

3)  arugment: "obviously the 360 is dragging the PS3 down, see the pictures I provided?"

Personally, I'd not recommend the debate team for either of you...

...There is, i dont even need to explain it.

rafichamp said:

Will you stop cheerleading. It's obvious that you are just gloriously happy that this makes the PS3 look good, and care nothing about FFXIII. I will never understand you.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.