By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1st Mass Effect Review in

9.75 from Game Informer

Quotes: 

"One of the greatest science fiction stories ever told, and a new benchmark for video game storytelling."

"Bioware's epic also has the richly detailed environment of Gears of War, the deep exploration of Oblivion, and a fictional universe almost as compelling as Star Wars."

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/930279.asp

Around the Network

Game of the year?

andrewpeirce said:
Game of the year?

Could be, will be competing with SMG, Halo 3 and Bioshock though and I dont know if it can beat those. In particular because SMG has such good previews.

SMG will probably get one or two bad reviews from people who are motion control-incapable, and drop down.

Bioshock is the strongest contender thus far.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

gitanil said:
SMG will probably get one or two bad reviews from people who are motion control-incapable, and drop down.

GotY is decided by the individual reviewer, not by highest aggregate I think.

Around the Network
gitanil said:

That's bull. Zelda Wii has motion controls, and it's has a 94% average at Gamerankings. If it gets a low score, it will be because of the games poor use of motion controls, not because of peoples incapability to play. Lair is a pefect example of this.

grandmaster192 said:
gitanil said:

That's bull. Zelda Wii has motion controls, and it's has a 94% average at Gamerankings. If it gets a low score, it will be because of the games poor use of motion controls, not because of peoples incapability to play. Lair is a pefect example of this.

Tell that to people who can't play MP3.

When does it come out btw? I have it preordered at my local eb games!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

It comes out on November 20th.

WEWdeadeye said:
When does it come out btw? I have it preordered at my local eb games!

November 12th I believe in NA.