By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you still play Little Big Planet

I bought the game for my sister when it first came out and she absolutely loves it and plays it to this day. I didn't really give the game a fair chance because I was busy with some other game back then and forgot about it. Just yesterday I started to play LBP again because I was really really bored and I had a blast. I did some of the story mode levels and searched for some levels as well. I didn't start making my own level yet; I figure it would be best to do that after I have collected enough objects. I was wondering though, if any of you still play this game and why. Is it the creation tools that bring you back for more, or is it the vast amount of user created content?

Around the Network

Nah, I set it down after 2 weeks.

Just not mah thang.

The DLC really made me lose respect for MM haven't played in months

Hmm, because of the vast amounts of DLC, it's hard to enjoy a user created level since most of them require you to download a DLC pack, which truly sucks.

Yes i do its amazing and...Stewroids?

Thats a completely false statement, you NEVER have to buy DLC if you want to play a user created level, ever...at all...nodda....ziltch...zero.

You can play everything at anytime always...always.

BTW this game is amazing when you know wtf your doing.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

Haven't stopped since it came out. I play it at least a couple of hours a week, if not a couple of hours a day. :D

Ssliasil said:

Thats a completely false statement, you NEVER have to buy DLC if you want to play a user created level, ever...at all...nodda....ziltch...zero.

Well usually when I load up a level it would say something like "You don't have the Metal Gear Solid 4 DLC" or something of that nature...I can still run through the level but I'm assuming there might be some things that I won't be able to enjoy since I haven't bought the DLC...correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup. Still play regularly, check new levels, etc. Haven't built anything in a while - I need a few clear days to really have another go at that.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

stewroids said:
Ssliasil said:

Well usually when I load up a level it would say something like "You don't have the Metal Gear Solid 4 DLC" or something of that nature...I can still run through the level but I'm assuming there might be some things that I won't be able to enjoy since I haven't bought the DLC...correct me if I'm wrong.

you still play as usual... the thing is that if you collect a prize bubble with some thing that belongs to DLC you dont add that to your collection of things! like a sticker or a sackboy pants...

btw ... i still play it some times... is the only game my wife plays with me! and i have fun playing it ....

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Nope. Found the platforming physics to be unenjoyable.

Really if the platforming sucks in a platformer i'm just not going to play it.

The level editing was what drew me to it... but with the platforming being so bad it made playstesting a pain. So I put it down fairly shortly after i started playing it.