By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Defense Grid:The Awakening - another excellent xbox live arcade game

Defense Grid was released on Xbox live today. After playing the demo for over an hour and having a blast I decided to check out the reviews for this game.

And what do you know...I think we have another kickass title on xbox live. I thought summer of arcade is over?

Game basically is a strategy game like Halo wars, but even simpler. You have dedicated tower spots and your job is to build towers that kill aliens that slowly march through a set path on the map. Mora aliens you kill, more towers you can build and upgrade. Game is all about placement and timing...

Its only 800 points which is great value...but im out of points right now. Will have to pick some up tomorrow and grab this title.

IGN review below - http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/102/1020613p1.html

8.5 Presentation
More content than the PC version for half the price? Yes, please.
8.5 Graphics
A very pretty wasteland, with nice lighting effects and impressive machinery.
8.5 Sound
A rousing orchestral score plus great voice acting from your computer AI.
9.0 Gameplay
Addictive gameplay with lots of strategic options. There are plenty tense, action movie-like moments here.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
No multiplayer, but plenty to do as a single-player game. Each level has variations with challenge and survival modes.
Great
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Around the Network

I own the Steam (PC) version. Great game, and at 800 points it's a steal.

There are alot of games like this, Tower Defense ect... I have two of them on cell phone.

monlosez said:
There are alot of games like this, Tower Defense ect... I have two of them on cell phone.

I can imagine that as the game is simple...but very addictive. ITs a nice change of pace for FPS fanatics like me.

That reminds me FEAR 2 single player expansion comes out tomorrow...wa wa wi wa!

I need to check out the trial.

Around the Network

I own this title on my PC and it is one of the best tower games I have played. Very enjoyable, and a great price on Live. If you do not already own this title on PC, I would recommend adding it to your Arcade collection. Enjoy.

Even though there are countless free tower defense games on the web, I think the polish and presentation of Defense Grid make it a worthwhile purchase.

blizzid said:
Even though there are countless free tower defense games on the web, I think the polish and presentation of Defense Grid make it a worthwhile purchase.

Yeah, polish is very noticable in graphics and sound. There is some British dude talking to you the entire time.

"Those buggers are taking our cores!"

Definatly not something you'd get in a free game.

I wanna get this now.

Did they add something compared to the pc version? Like Trials HD did compared to Trials 2?

I remember playing a demo on the pc / steam a while ago but wasn't too impressed.

But I guess as far as tower defense is concerned Pixle Junk Monsters is hard to top. Especially since it has such a great coop!