By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The red rings flashed on my sexbox today!

Okay so, I moved the 360 downstairs to play pro evo 2009 against my mate, then he left and i moved it back upstairs. I plugged everything in, turned it on and-

HOLY SHIT

it got angry and red lights were flashing, it made noises, so i switched it off. I bravely turned it back on and couldnt get a picture, no matter how hard i tried. The red lights didnt come back though, and i found that the little switch on the cable had gone to HDTV (which i dont have) so i switched that back to normal and it works fine now.

SO

my question is...did i get the RROD because of that tiny switch being knocked out of place, or is my sexbox about to explode?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Why do u call it a sexbox it could give people the wrong idea

The RROD can be falsely given if your video cable is not connected or setup right, as well as if you don't have the power cord in right or have a power surge.

Your 360 is fine, it was just a false alarm due to the setting being switched accidentally.

Your sexbox is going to explode...on your face.

if its RROD then its sure is dead but but you said its working so it could be just something else you tampered with. Going to read that news about RROD being the thing on the past now...

Around the Network

If I were you I would put, penis in it you might catch rrod yourself ;)

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Ive only had it 9 months. I was hoping for at least a year before i had to ring microsoft and shout at them down the phone!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

nightsurge said:
The RROD can be falsely given if your video cable is not connected or setup right, as well as if you don't have the power cord in right or have a power surge.

Your 360 is fine, it was just a false alarm due to the setting being switched accidentally.

Probably this.

You can test by switching it back and seeing if it RROD's again.  There are many RROD codes and I'm pretty sure one was a bad video connection.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Sexbox. That's so hot.

colonelstubbs said:
Ive only had it 9 months. I was hoping for at least a year before i had to ring microsoft and shout at them down the phone!

I just had to send mine in for the 2nd time, but this time I did it all online via xbox.com and it was pretty painless, got it back 11 days after mailing it in.  I did have to take it to UPS and pay for the box and packing since I didn't have any, but they gave me a free month of xbl.  I know it's not great to have it break but both times I've had it repaired it was an easy process.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |