By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii 9 times more reliable than Xbox 360, 4 times more than PS3

Synopsis:
SquareTrade analyzed failure rates for over 16,000 new game consoles covered by SquareTrade Care Plans and found that the Wii experienced one-fourth of the common failures that the other systems have.

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/xbox360-ps3-wii-reliability-08-2009

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

We all knew how bad the 360 was, but it's interesting to see it's considerably more reliable than PS3 too.

Synopsis:  SquareTrade analyzed failure rates for over 16,000 new game consoles covered by
SquareTrade Care Plans and found that the Wii experienced one-fourth of the common failures that the
other systems have.  

Highlights of the study include:
-  Looking at the first 2 years of ownership, 2.7% of Wii owners reported a system failure to
SquareTrade, compared with 10.0% of PlayStation 3 owners, and 23.7% for Xbox 360 owners.

-  Excluding “Red Ring of Death” failures, which are covered by Microsoft’s 3-year warranty, 11.7%
of Xbox 360 owners reported a failure.  

-  While the RROD problem continued to be the major issue for Xbox 360s purchased through
2008, early indications point to the problem abating in 2009.

-  The most common types of problems seen with the PS3 and Xbox 360 were disc read errors and
output issues. The Wii had more power and remote control issues than the other 2 systems.

That 360 failure rate looks really low.  Same with the RRoD failure percent.

Seems like more reliable data than that GamePro poll, at least.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

11.7% excluding RoD?

Why are they excluding ROD? Isn't it a failure also?

Around the Network

Because it's covered by Microsoft's 3 year warranty. So that meant the other failures are not? WTF?

at least PS360 controllers cant break your TV

RolStoppable said:
BladeOfGod said:
at least PS360 controllers cant break your TV

1) I always thought that High Velocity Bowling is a mediocre game, but you say it sucks so hard that nobody plays it?

2) Humans don't break TVs. Wii Controllers do.

fixed

I already knew this, funny i think Wii is like 20 times more relyable against ROD alone

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

RolStoppable said:

Excellent point.

Also, humans don't kill humans. Guns do.

Stop it Rol, you're ruining his well thought out and clearly watertight argument.