By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Google Earth reveals "Nessie" in the Loch Ness.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543280,00.html

Proof That the Loch Ness Monster Exists?

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

This amazing image on Google Earth could be the elusive proof that the Loch Ness Monster exists.

Sun reader Jason Cooke spotted "Nessie" while browsing the Web site's satellite photos.

The shape seen on the surface of the 22-mile Scottish loch is 65ft long and appears to have an oval body, a tail and four legs or flippers.

Some experts believe Nessie may be a Plesiosaur, an extinct marine reptile with a shape like the Google image.

"This is really intriguing. It needs further study," said researcher Adrian Shine, of the Loch Ness Project.

Sightings have been claimed for centuries.

To see the object, enter co-ordinates Latitude 57°12'52.13"N, Longitude 4°34'14.16"W in Google Earth.

Click on the link to see the actual photo (zoomed out and zoomed in) from Google Earth. The pictures won't load on this post (I tried copy and pasting it with no luck), so click on the link to see the pictures.

Around the Network

Or it could just be a boat with a wake behind it. 50/50.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I supposed a boat would be shaped like an oval with five protrusions exposed (looking like flippers and a tail). I've been a dinosaur-nut since I was little, and that's a dinosaur.

lol... looks like a boat.

This is nonsense!................................that's clearly Bigfoot!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Naraku_Diabolos said:

I supposed a boat would be shaped like an oval (the hull) with five protrusions exposed (looking like flippers and a tail)(the wake). I've been a dinosaur-nut since I was little, and that's a dinosaur.

All that white is the big clue. It's not unlike the wake this boat seems to be leaving behind it:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/12/18704448_c56755535f.jpg

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

^looks the same

I'm with Famousringo and JEDE3.......it's a boat. Although, it would be cool to find a living prehistoric creature (which has happened before, although it's on a much smaller scale - a fish).

Yeah, this is obviously a boat. Why are all of the "limbs" pointing in the same direction and attached to one end? Doesn't Nessie have hind flippers Or a tail, or a head or something that would be on the opposite end? And the end that everything is "attached" to is flat. That's definitely a boat moving and leaving a wake in it's trail.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Cool boat they got there.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."