By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So what is the bast value/quality Blu Ray player in the $500.00 range?

sguy78 said:
CatFangs806 said:
D_Boy said:
Do you know what this thread reminds me of? That Family Guy skit where the mule says "No Sorry...Kevin Bacon wasn't in footloose" I'm surprised this thread is still going. I would lock this thread, because sguy obviously doesn't want any help...and also...I don't get why he doesn't research it himself...instead of asking a bunch of randoms to do lame research for him. Just get the PS3 man...it is $299! Also...stop your crying about it wearing down...you have no evidence to support that.

Just walk into a store and ask someone who is getting paid to help you with your problem...easy as that.

You took the words right out of my mouth, man.

Do you enjoy derailing threads? Do you have an actual answer to the thread topic?

Well, just buy two PS3's. One for movies, one for games. It will be $600, but it will be cheaper than buying an expensive BR player and a PS3. So just get two.

Around the Network

Can someone please lock this flame bait thread? We have given him many options that are not PS3's, and he has yet to respond to any of them. He is just waiting for someone, on a gaming forum, to suggest a PS3 when it's the obvious choice, for the purposes of inciting an argument about the PS3.

TheRealMafoo said:
Can someone please lock this flame bait thread? We have given him many options that are not PS3's, and he has yet to respond to any of them. He is just waiting for someone, on a gaming forum, to suggest a PS3 when it's the obvious choice, for the purposes of inciting an argument about the PS3.

Why don't you stop posting here? At no point have I ever said anything disparaging about the PS3. I have gone over some of the suggestions. You seem to have an inability to respond without mentioning the PS3, when I specifically said I was not considering it as an option, as I am only interested in a standalone blu ray player. So, stop derailing the thread like a Sony fanboy. I asked the question in the off topic thread, not the Sony thread. I specifically asked what standalone player not including the PS3 is the best on the market. The answer I am N-O-T looking for therefor is the PS3. What part of that do you not understand? If you want to talk about the PS3 as a blu ray player, go make a thread about the PS3 as the greatest blu ray player the world will ever see, and leave this thread alone.

Mafoo convinced me anyway : I'm selling my PS3 for a BD5004 !

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:

It does look like a nice option. I've never heard of the manufacturer though.

Around the Network
sguy78 said:
Sardauk said:

Actually, I'm still investigating: The maching apparently lacks an internal Dolby True HD decoder.. which really annoys me...

That is weird because the article that Mafoo send me, say it does, while the official website says it doesn't...

The machine looks good (All black or silver aluminium case) and it is undestructible (you have to get rid of it, it rarely break).

I still plan to buy an SR6003 (or 6004, the new updated version) as a new receiver and it has an internal decoder...(yes my goal is get a good setup for HD-SOUND) so I'm sure I will eventually get what I want.

Marantz is a rather old manufacturer. Classic old still electronics that is coming back on force on the market.

I have an old (8 years old) SR7200 A/V Receivers and it still packs a lot of punch... but of course, lacks the internal modern electronics to enjoy HD-sound (and no HDMI of course...).

So the sound is quite classic (warm like people would say) and as a musician, I like that.

But for other modern A/V applications, some people would rather consider more agressive sounds like in a Denon or an Onkyo.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

sguy78 said:
Sardauk said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

So now it is about the PS3. First post where the PS3 is being sold, and not offered to be bought, and the first post from you that's not "THIS I N-O-T ABOUT THE PS3!!"

And I own all consoles. I am by no means, a PS3 fanboy. I can just tell flame bait when I see it.

TheRealMafoo said:
sguy78 said:
Sardauk said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

So now it is about the PS3. First post where the PS3 is being sold, and not offered to be bought, and the first post from you that's not "THIS I N-O-T ABOUT THE PS3!!"

And I own all consoles. I am by no means, a PS3 fanboy. I can just tell flame bait when I see it.

Is there a reason you are still posting here? Every other word you type seems to be PS3, so grow up. For somebody who claims not to be a PS3 fanboy, you sure are playing the part well.

Have read reall good reviews on that Oppo BDP 83. Given it also plays SACD & DVDA it makes it more versatile, it seems to be really high quality device also.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Do you want super mega high end ultra mega realistic special awesome graphics? Then, buy a super special expensive Blu-Ray player.

If you want a bigger bang for your buck that includes other multimedia options and video games along with a decent blu-ray player, get a PS3.

What can you buy with the other two hundred dollars left over? A lot of movies? A few video games? A few video games for the PS3? Honestly, you're just stubborn about the PS3 and you're blind to all of its other qualities. It is CHEAPER which you can buy MOVIES with. A Blu-Ray player doesn't have internet, music, VIDEO GAMES, etc.

The PS3 is a superb multimedia device and you get a much better electronic by buying it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you