By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BluRay Players Now $98

Was at Wal*Mart last night and saw this display..

Found this as well from a thread in July.

Now.. are these cheap BR players good for the PS3?

I came damn close to buying this last night so I don't waste the life of my PS3 BR drive on movies, much like I did with PS2's DvD player..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

troll thread.

The price is good, but the quality is low.

what is MAGNAVOX? never heard of them but this price will be the price where blu ray can accelerate the adoption rate.

inverted3reality said:
troll thread.

No it's not.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
what is MAGNAVOX? never heard of them but this price will be the price where blu ray can accelerate the adoption rate.

Never heard of Magnavox Odyssey?

One bonus is they come with a remote!

Hmm, im not sure if theres any real difference. Is it simply a case like HDMI where the cables produce the same signal between the good/bad cables and they differentiate on features/audio outputs etc or is it a case where there is a difference in audio/visual quality aside from the something functional like a loading time difference or menu responsiveness?

Tease.

inverted3reality said:
troll thread.

WTH,,,how the hell is this a troll thread?

Blu-Ray and PS3 set to have monster holiday seasons.

Blu-Ray adoption is only good for PS3.

btw I got like 6 years of DVD playing out of my PS2, though I didn't game on it as much as some would.

I remember reading that the $99 one from... Samsung (?) was pretty mediocre in terms of quality.

But like LHWB said, Sony can't lose either way, as Bluray adoption only helps them.