By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - C.o.D. 4 better on ps3

epsilon72 said:
vampire said:

Gamedaily:

With that said, the console similarities end when it comes to textures, lighting and resolutions, because those three areas make the PlayStation 3 version definitely excel over the Xbox 360 SKU.

The PS3, better resolution than the PC? Fat chance.

I don't see any reason why the PC version would be inferior to the PS3 version in graphics/textures etc. either unless it was purposefully gimped. There is a large gap between the capabilities of a high end PC and the capabilities of the PS3. 

I get the impression that they don't know exactly what they're talking about here...

It's about the consoles, not including the PC.

I'll take the case!!!

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Astrodust said:
SamuelRSmith said:
@Astrodust: Oblivion. And, apparently, CoD4

Oblivion scored higher on both Metacritic and Game Rankings for the 360. And Call of Duty 4 isn't out yet. So I'm not sure if any multplatform titles have done better on the PS3.

Yeah but their is a year difference between those two games.

The game on PS3 looks better and have extra's for a consumer you are better off with
the Oblivion PS3 version.

Doesn't the 360 already have an Oblivion expansion? And you are sooo going to get a one month ban. I don't even see the PS3 making up any ground in any month overall than the Wii in 2008. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?Start=0&id=4421

Harvey Birdman said:
epsilon72 said:
vampire said:

Gamedaily:

With that said, the console similarities end when it comes to textures, lighting and resolutions, because those three areas make the PlayStation 3 version definitely excel over the Xbox 360 SKU.

The PS3, better resolution than the PC? Fat chance.

I don't see any reason why the PC version would be inferior to the PS3 version in graphics/textures etc. either unless it was purposefully gimped. There is a large gap between the capabilities of a high end PC and the capabilities of the PS3.

I get the impression that they don't know exactly what they're talking about here...

It's about the consoles, not including the PC.

Whoops, guess I'm more tired than I thought.

Now we just need comparison screens to see how different this is.

If its major, I'll go with the PS3 version. If its minor, I'll stick to the 360 (better controller, online, gamerscore)

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Astrodust said:
konnichiwa said:
Astrodust said:
SamuelRSmith said:
@Astrodust: Oblivion. And, apparently, CoD4

Oblivion scored higher on both Metacritic and Game Rankings for the 360. And Call of Duty 4 isn't out yet. So I'm not sure if any multplatform titles have done better on the PS3.

Yeah but their is a year difference between those two games.

The game on PS3 looks better and have extra's for a consumer you are better off with
the Oblivion PS3 version.

Doesn't the 360 already have an Oblivion expansion? And you are sooo going to get a one month ban. I don't even see the PS3 making up any ground in any month overall than the Wii in 2008. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?Start=0&id=4421

Yeah there is a new version on the PS3 and X360 that includes the Knights of the nine and that other expention.

Hey I did not made that statemant,  Duckaluck made it and I bet with him that it is not true.

Around the Network

Regardless, COD4 will sell 4x more on Xbox360 than PS3.
XBOX gamers love their fps.

Coca-Cola said:
Regardless, COD4 will sell 4x more on Xbox360 than PS3.
XBOX gamers love their fps.

I wouldn't say that as the best selling PS3 title is an FPS. 

Its more so the smaller install base of the PS3 that means COD4 will sell less on it.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Hey, I just said Oblivion because Gamespot said that the PS3 version had greater draw distances, nicer textures, and less loading.

And, yeah, Rocketpig I agree that after a year you'd expect it to look better, but that wasn't what I was saying.

SI will be bundled with the PS3 version of the GOTY Oblivion.

There was a thread about this yesterday where I covered why it looks like bullshit:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=8366&start=0#end

Oh come on guys, can't we wait until there are some screenshots to compare. I for one, do not put too much faith into Gamedaily.