By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 Graphs

XB360 WW sales graph up thru November: 3.79m - NA 0.17m - JP 1.53m - EU 0.14m - OTHER 5.64m - WW LTD *5.2m - XB WW at this point

"The next time someone tells you Compact Discs are the wave of the future, tell them the future doesn't belong to snails!" - Nintendo Power, April 1994

Around the Network

Wow! So X360 hasn't even reached 6m ? How are they gonna reach 10 by the end of the Year? Real-time edit: Oh, well, they said they wanna "ship"...

Now Loading... Please Wait!

To me this graph seems more accurate than the sites... NPD numbers add up to 3.41 million (I think I may have rounded, so it could be 3.79 million). Japan I counted weekly totals and I get what the site has 0.27. Where did you get the European numbers, I have had a really hard time tracking them, I can't find any agency like NPD that reports the numbers. When M$ says 10 million. They mean they have shipped 10 million. Which "shipped" means in the pipeline. So anywhere from the end of the assembly line, to a cargo container, to a truck in America, to the retailers floor. It doesn't necessarily mean sold. Which NPD attempts to track the actual number sold in stores.

Stromprophet said: To me this graph seems more accurate than the sites... NPD numbers add up to 3.41 million (I think I may have rounded, so it could be 3.79 million). Japan I counted weekly totals and I get what the site has 0.27. Where did you get the European numbers, I have had a really hard time tracking them, I can't find any agency like NPD that reports the numbers. When M$ says 10 million. They mean they have shipped 10 million. Which "shipped" means in the pipeline. So anywhere from the end of the assembly line, to a cargo container, to a truck in America, to the retailers floor. It doesn't necessarily mean sold. Which NPD attempts to track the actual number sold in stores.
1. they're straight from m-create. ioi averages b/w famitsu & m-create for this site's numbers. 2. EURO figures are based on UK sales which are released weekly (from CESA?) every once in ahwile on forums sometimes w/ LTDs. I take that little bit of data and have it track similar to U.S. sales (unless there are price drops/major releases)since both Europe/America have similar selling seasons, right? Basically Christmas and the post-Easter slowdown that all of the West experiences (or am I wrong about that?). I've noticed UK sales increase in Oct. more than in the U.S. in comparison w/ Sept. and Nov. sales are higher in the UK in comparison w/ Dec. versus the U.S. I assume not having an official Christmas Season start date (w/ch the U.S. has: the day after Thanksgiving) causes earlier shopping, even as early as October in Europe... BTW, if there are seasonal sales effects the UK/Europe experiences that are different than the U.S. I'd like to hear them...I've alsways assumed they are the same.

"The next time someone tells you Compact Discs are the wave of the future, tell them the future doesn't belong to snails!" - Nintendo Power, April 1994

Will you update your chart once NPD announces for December?

Around the Network

I'm also interested in the Euro numbers.