By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The orange box highest rated game of all time?

Seems like it is headed that way.  Doubt it can get lower than 90 from any review site but is it fair?  The orange box has so much to offer that it seems ridicolous to give it any less than a 90 even if the games had been already released on the PC (is why the PC orange box might be lower then the 360 version).  What do people think, is it fair for the Orange Box be the highest rated of all time because is such a great package and would you be fine with it being higher then games like zelda, bioshock etc?

My answer is yes to both.  Hopefully more games will incorporate more bang for your buck in terms of replay value etc. 

Around the Network

I think they released it to soon. Wait until halo fervor dies down then release another great online shooter.

They tossed 5 games together for one price, maybe all companies should do this to get the highest rating ever. I'm not bashing the game, as i will be buying it for the PS3, but to rate it high because it has 5 games is wrong.

One site gave it an 89! So, as Lex Luthor says, WRONG! :P.

It's on my list of games to buy (Along with Bioshock) when I get a PC that can play games again.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

It's pretty much impossible for anything to outdo Zelda on reviews because there are just too many review sources these days. The PC version is already below it and one more 9 will take the 360 version below it. That said, it is kinda sad that the 360 version is going to end up on the top 10 list while the PC version won't. The 360 version is just the PC version with a lower framerate and no mods or future user made content (like new portal levels).

Around the Network

Some funny guy will give it an 80 and BLAM, there you go with your high score.

As naz said, nowadays there are SO MUCH reviews sources that it's almost impossible for anything to best it... but it would be fair for me.

I honestly don't care that much about the gamerankings lists. My favorite game of all time isn't even on there: Chrono Trigger. OoT is near the top, but Half-Life 2 is for me as well, and I have a lot of respect for Valve as a developer. Not to mention Orange Box really is an amazing value full of great games.

@naznatips:

It is true that the 360 version may be inferior to the PC version, however, when you compare them to the software available on their respective platforms, the 360 version fares better. Reviews should only be judged against other software available on the same platform.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Also, they're not rating it high because it has 5 games in it. By that rationale, any retro collection would be rated 400% AWESOME. They are rating it high because it has 5 EXCELLENT games. No other reason.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Half-Life (PC) is the best FPS franchise made next to UT and Quake. It should not fall below the top 10 but it will because reviewers are idiots.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453