By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - No Matchmaking for ODST Firefight...WTF?

Yeah, bad decision by Bungie. Still gonna buy it and i'm sure it's gonna be great, but without matchmaking like Gears 2, i doubt i'm gonna play Firefight a lot =/

Around the Network
patapon said:
Why no Elites? They were the best the Covenant had to offer and what does Bungie do?

Replace them with god damn dirty apes.

In Halo 2 the Elites and Brutes got in a big fight, and the Elites left the Covenant (hence why Halo 3 had Elites on the human's side).

nightsurge said:
patapon said:
Why no Elites? They were the best the Covenant had to offer and what does Bungie do?

Replace them with god damn dirty apes.

In Halo 2 the Elites and Brutes got in a big fight, and the Elites left the Covenant (hence why Halo 3 had Elites on the human's side).

I know but I still want them :(

No matchmaking for Firefight - Unfortunately it seems you will have to rely on your friends, or recent players, list to play ODST with anyone…for Firefight is based upon the co-op model of Halo 3, according to Bungie Producer Curtis Creamer.

Ouch, that might be a dealbreaker for me.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

too bad I already fully paid for this game.... and I have people on my friends list that are getting the game.....I would been bummed out if not....
Otherwise I would sold my Xbox 360 and gotten a slim...
I wish I was a member of one those Internet site where Gamers talk about games and share they're gametag's......

Around the Network

Because Firefight mode doesn't have a Matchmaking system, I put together a website called TeamFirefight.com to help players connect with one another in real time. Our Matchmaking Messenger is a browser-based IM service that you can open up and find other people ready to play Firefight whenever you are. We've also got a forum to discuss all things Halo and video game related on.

www.TeamFirefight.com

Join up, and help spread the word!

www.teamfirefight.com - the Matchmaking site for Firefight!