By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 80 gig PS3 Fat to be sold for $250.00 soon?

I was talking to a sales rep in the Sony store as I was looking at buying one of the Sony laptops, and the PS3 came up in conversation. I mentioned that the new price may make the PS3 the first Playstation console I have ever bought. He mentioned that if I don't care about the Slim, that they are hearing internal talk that to clear out their inventory of the Fats, they may be selling them at $250.00. He said to wait a couple of weeks. Not a bad deal, huh?

Around the Network

That would be a bad idea. Some people still prefer the fat over the slim for 299,99$.

It'll be interesting what'll happen to the 160gb model after the slim comes out, you could see that one fall beneath $299, also.

Boutros said:
That would be a bad idea. Some people still prefer the fat over the slim for 299,99$.

The fact is, that Sony would not have introduced the Slim, if they wanted to keep the Fat around.

Already I had my cousin tell me that in stores in North Carolina, they are selling the 160 gig Drake's bundle for $340

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network

They're already sold out at Best Buy in Canada

sounds like a bargain

kicks1989 said:
sounds like a bargain

Yeah, I'm sure they won't last for long.

I wander if there will be many Fat PS3 available in couple of weeks, cuz couple of stores are introducing PS3 slim earlier than its launch date, which shows that the PS3 fat inventory has dried out. So even if few PS3 fat remaining in the inventory are sold for $250, they will not be lasting long. and i fear they will disappear very very quickly.

That's a pretty sweet price.

4 ≈ One