By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 7th gen timeline of gaming company closings, mergers and layoffs

Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:

They rehired much of their workforce after the merger with Crytek. Trust me, they are fine!

Good. But still no console Star Wars Battlefront III

But look on the bright side, maybe you'll get Timesplitters on Cry Engine 3!

I could care less about graphics, it could look like the PS2 version and I would be happy as long as it has that TimeSplitters sense of humor and great multiplayer.

Around the Network

Yeah, getting it on the CryEngine would be good, but the need to get the gameplay right first and foremost

activision and vivindi merger anyone ?

Check out my game about moles ^

Conner52 said:
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:

They rehired much of their workforce after the merger with Crytek. Trust me, they are fine!

I could care less about graphics, it could look like the PS2 version and I would be happy as long as it has that TimeSplitters sense of humor and great multiplayer.

Would you care if it looked like Doom 2?

Tease.

GRIN!!!

Oh well. Outbreak Studios is going to make XBLA/PSN games from now on, so it's not as dangerous as doing HD games.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Good thread, I was hoping someone would make a thread based on this topic.

I think more teams are missing from the body count though.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Squilliam said:
Conner52 said:
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:

I'm more of a gameplay person, it doesn't matter if it look like Doom 2 or Killzone 2, as long as I'm having fun then it's money well spent.

Squilliam said:
Conner52 said:
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:

exacly. People always claiming they don't care about the graphics aren't that truthful. Because if it was those old pong machine level of graphic.. They would indeed not like it.

Neither would they if it was doom 2. Even if they claim otherwise. Especially doom 2 as it looked right when it came out on a normal machine (low rez etc)

Check out my game about moles ^

Since the thread started I have added Sega layoffs, Atari/Infogrames merger, Vivendi Activision merger, 3D Realms layoffs and Atomic layoffs.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Just for the sake of clarity, Activision was merged with Vivendi Games and not the parent company Vivendi which owns 54% of the stock in the new Activision Blizzard company. This is why Blizzard continues to be able to do what ever the hell they feel like regardless of what Activision want them to do.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229