By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Heavy Rain will be voiced in 13 languages

Soleron said:
Despite the fact we are the third largest market, they NEVER do voice acting in British English (i.e with British accents). I hate it when we get an all-American cast and other countries get a native one - I just don't like the American accent.

Damn right.

Around the Network

Saleron, first Star Wars movie was made in England completely.

Akvod, i believe neither. i think they did simillar job to the Mamoru Oshii's Avalon movie. they were making this movie in my country with polish actors, but they had to basically talk like a robots cause after they done with the filming it was dubbed in japanese and released in japanese worldwide. the same thing could be done with HR - so french version would have crappy voice acting/lip synchro, because it had to be dubbed to many languages.

waron said:

Akvod, i believe neither. i think they did simillar job to the Mamoru Oshii's Avalon movie. they were making this movie in my country with polish actors, but they had to basically talk like a robots cause after they done with the filming it was dubbed in japanese and released in japanese worldwide. the same thing could be done with HR - so french version would have crappy voice acting, because it had to be dubbed to many languages.

IDK, it could be that the Polish actors were just bad actors (or at least in line delivery) O.o

To me the English always sounded a bit akward, and I'm sure that if they can competently deliver lines in English, they can do so even more in their native language, wheras in your analogy, the Polish actors delivered their lines poorly, and then DIFFERENT professional seiyus dubbed it.

And if they were intending to dub in the first place, they could have been directing the Polish actors to mouth their words for easy dubbing (hence robotic).

Akvod said:
waron said:

Akvod, i believe neither. i think they did simillar job to the Mamoru Oshii's Avalon movie. they were making this movie in my country with polish actors, but they had to basically talk like a robots cause after they done with the filming it was dubbed in japanese and released in japanese worldwide. the same thing could be done with HR - so french version would have crappy voice acting, because it had to be dubbed to many languages.

IDK, it could be that the Polish actors were just bad actors (or at least in line delivery) O.o

To me the English always sounded a bit akward, and I'm sure that if they can competently deliver lines in English, they can do so even more in their native language, wheras in your analogy, the Polish actors delivered their lines poorly, and then DIFFERENT professional seiyus dubbed it.

And if they were intending to dub in the first place, they could have been directing the Polish actors to mouth their words for easy dubbing (hence robotic).

not really, they were instructed by Oshii to play in polish the way to match japanese lines so in the ned it sounded weird.

waron said:
Akvod said:
waron said:

not really, they were instructed by Oshii to play in polish the way to match japanese lines so in the ned it sounded weird.

There you go then.

Around the Network

Which language do the actors act in ? French or english ?

Also are there danish subtitles ?

I'll play with the language it was made in and then if it isn't english i'll just play it with subtitles.

Check out my game about moles ^

dutch? oh cant wait to hear how cringe worthy this is going to be :D

If it's not voiced in Swahili, I'm not getting it.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:

You will GET it and you will LIKE it song or I'm shoving that ten foot swahilian rifle up the spot where the Danish sun don't shine.

Over an out atteeeeeeen-shun!

Seriously get it. It has Mandarin ffs! :(

mibuokami said:
Spankey said:

You will GET it and you will LIKE it song or I'm shoving that ten foot swahilian rifle up the spot where the Danish sun don't shine.

Over an out atteeeeeeen-shun!

Seriously get it. It has Mandarin ffs! :(

Aye Aye cap'n.

I'm kinda fond of my spot where the Danish sun don't shine, so to avoid violation I'll get it.

and listen to Mandarin voice-over while watching Russian subs. For the epic lulz, of course.

That's subs as in subtitles, not submarines.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral