By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - xbox ad just pissed me off

Dodece said:
You shouldn't be upset with Microsoft they took advantage of Sony's stupidity. Sony was cheap about their advertising, and saved some money by not having a exclusivity contract penned. They saw what Sony did, and decided to co-opt some of Sony's advertising for their own. Now people will equate the 360 with Little Big Planet if they are stupid. Which actually makes Microsoft brilliant.

Alas this is very old news.

I doubt there are many people who would equate 360 with Little Big Planet because this song. I don't think Sony actually loses much by letting them use the song. After all, this song isn't THAT much equated with Little Big Planet. Anyway, there is nothing strange that several ads have the same music. Heck, most movie trailers have music which isn't even in the movie or is from another movie (for example Aliens theme is in dozens of movie trailers and none of them have same theme in movie).

And you don't know much about business either. Even MS uses songs produced by Sony regularly (in ads and other stuff) and pays from them to Sony. It is possible that MS pays to Sony when they use this song. Just like Sony pays for MS when they use MS codecs and tools. MS doesn't deny Sony from using them and Sony doesn't deny MS from using their songs.

Around the Network

WOW....Were are all the Sony fans bashing how stupid this thread is and calling the a troll....Oh Wait..This an MS hate thread....Carry on....

/Fail

nightsurge said:
Rob6021 said:
Dodece said:
You shouldn't be upset with Microsoft they took advantage of Sony's stupidity. Sony was cheap about their advertising, and saved some money by not having a exclusivity contract penned. They saw what Sony did, and decided to co-opt some of Sony's advertising for their own. Now people will equate the 360 with Little Big Planet if they are stupid. Which actually makes Microsoft brilliant.

Alas this is very old news.

Yea that's what we hear: it's just buisiness, why should we worry about ethics? 

Hey why should we follow ethics, or morals anyway?   Hell if i can get away with something I should just do it right.

Don't listen to Dodece.  They didn't do it as some way to take advantage of Sony.  They used a song by an artist that was not owned by Sony and they even used the entire song.  In the LBP ads and such it was only the little clip of it.

This.  Its just not a big deal.

I feel sorry for people that get pissed over worthless things like this.

I don't see what the big deal is, if anything Microsoft just showed how much they like LBP. Or atleast that their marketing employees aren't really on their 'side'. If you know this is a LBP song then you know what LBP is and that it's on PS3. Nobody got hurt except apparently some fanatic fanboys which isn't a bad thing in my book.

Old news, and Sony Music Entertainment were the stupid ones that licensed MS the song.