By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

TNA really delivered last night. RAW will be the winner next week because of Austin's return and Bret-Mcmahon contract signing.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

I didn't watch TNA yet but it seem like I missed a hell of a show. If only I didn't have to go to work! I'll watch it over the weekend, though.

tastyshovelware said:
spdk1 said:
I was worried that TNA was going to have a "wrestler" style ending with Hogan faking an injury after his family tells him not to go out there, thank God that didn't happen.

I got to say spdk1, TNA delivered the right kind of show last night. Still a little brawl heavy but a lot less filler and some good bell to bell action with the x division match and the main event. I also like how they didn't just throw new faces at you. the only real 'new' guy was rvd. I got to say though, what was with that debut? 20 second match followed by 5 minute beat down? oh well, very good on the whole. 

They used RVD to put Sting over as a heel, and it worked. But yeah, it did made RVD's debut a secondary to Sting's heel turn, but I can't really think of another baby-face that is over with the Impact crowd. Maybe they could've used Jeff Hardy instead. Sting would beat him down and take him out 'indefinitely' since he has the trial thing going. When (if) he returns, set up a Sting/Jeff Hardy feud. That would sell PPVs.

Another thing I didn't like was Shannon Moore getting a title shot. I'm not a fan of Moore, and him getting a title shot felt random.

TNA ratings are in: 1.0

0.99 Hogan/Abyss vs Flair/Styles, Sting interrupts the match and beats on Hogan/Abyss.

0.98 Sting continues to beat on Hogan/Abyss, Short Sting segment backstage with Dixie Carter, Flair/Styles interview backstage, Short Abyss segment backstage, Short Brooke Hogan segment backstage, Kaz, Daniels, Williams talk in the ring.

1.00 Kaz vs Daniels vs Williams, Moore comes to the ring, Short Dixie Carter interview backstage, Beautiful People vs Tara/Love vsWilde/Sarita.

1.07 Daffney comes to the ring to interfere, Pope interview backstage Wolfe attacks Pope, Beautiful People interview backstage, Sting comes to the ring for his match.

1.07 Sting vs
RVD short match with Sting beating on RVD after the match, Hogan comes to the ring Sting beats on him, Nash/Young in the ring call out Hall/Pac.

Nash/Young/Hall/Pac talk in the ring, Young vs Pac short match, US Army walk down ramp, Angle talks in the ring.

Mr. Anderson starts to talk Angle attacks him they brawl to the ring, Bubba/Hogan/Earl Hebner talk backstage, Jarrett and James Storm talk backstage.

0.76 Jarrett vs Beer money 2 on 1 handicap match Foley referee, Hogan/Abyss/Brooke Hogan talk backstage, Hogan/Abyss vs Flair/Styles.

1.01 Q9 Overrun Hogan/Abyss vs Flair/Styles ends, After the match Wolfe, Pope, Hardy come to the ring.

In comparison, WWE did a 3.4

source: pwinsider.com

-----------------------------------

I'm a little disappointed with the rating, but this month is arguably the biggest month for WWE since it is the road to Wrestlemania. The fact that they were able to hold their ground is pretty good. Still think they should've moved to 8-10 though.

Yeah, I'm not a shannon fan either but I think it was used to help get jeff on board. And I get the heel heat aspect but it just seemed like a waste to me. Maybe it leads to RVD/sting program but who wants to see that?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I didn't watch TNA yet but it seem like I missed a hell of a show. If only I didn't have to go to work! I'll watch it over the weekend, though.

It was a really good show. You should watch it asap without reading any spoilers.

I've only watched TNA twice, only once fully. Other footage I've seen is in the form of clips when the Main Event Mafia destroyed Bubba Ray Dudley (LOL), Samoa Joe, and Christian [Cage] separately. Everyone doing their special on Christian without him even getting a word in previously was HILARIOUS. Same with Bubba getting thrown in the dumpster ahahaha

As for the 1.0 rating, I'm kind of disappointed too. I also agree that an 8-10 (heck, even 8:30-10:30) timeslot would've been much better. That way, no one fan really has reason to miss out on either show's main event.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Mirson said:

TNA ratings are in: 1.0

0.99 Hogan/Abyss vs Flair/Styles, Sting interrupts the match and beats on Hogan/Abyss.

0.98 Sting continues to beat on Hogan/Abyss, Short Sting segment backstage with Dixie Carter, Flair/Styles interview backstage, Short Abyss segment backstage, Short Brooke Hogan segment backstage, Kaz, Daniels, Williams talk in the ring.

1.00 Kaz vs Daniels vs Williams, Moore comes to the ring, Short Dixie Carter interview backstage, Beautiful People vs Tara/Love vsWilde/Sarita.

1.07 Daffney comes to the ring to interfere, Pope interview backstage Wolfe attacks Pope, Beautiful People interview backstage, Sting comes to the ring for his match.

1.07 Sting vs
RVD short match with Sting beating on RVD after the match, Hogan comes to the ring Sting beats on him, Nash/Young in the ring call out Hall/Pac.

Nash/Young/Hall/Pac talk in the ring, Young vs Pac short match, US Army walk down ramp, Angle talks in the ring.

Mr. Anderson starts to talk Angle attacks him they brawl to the ring, Bubba/Hogan/Earl Hebner talk backstage, Jarrett and James Storm talk backstage.

0.76 Jarrett vs Beer money 2 on 1 handicap match Foley referee, Hogan/Abyss/Brooke Hogan talk backstage, Hogan/Abyss vs Flair/Styles.

1.01 Q9 Overrun Hogan/Abyss vs Flair/Styles ends, After the match Wolfe, Pope, Hardy come to the ring.

In comparison, WWE did a 3.4

source: pwinsider.com

-----------------------------------

I'm a little disappointed with the rating, but this month is arguably the biggest month for WWE since it is the road to Wrestlemania. The fact that they were able to hold their ground is pretty good. Still think they should've moved to 8-10 though.

Maybe the Jarrett/Bischoff fued should just end with Bischoff winning.  .76?

Kasz216 said:

Looks like people are really getting sick of that feud, and I can't really blame them. It has only served to make Jarrett look like a total chump, and put Bischoff in far more segments he has to be in.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Mise said:
Kasz216 said:

Looks like people are really getting sick of that feud, and I can't really blame them. It has only served to make Jarrett look like a total chump, and put Bischoff in far more segments he has to be in.

That and... maybe i've just missed it... but to me Jeff Jarrett has NEVER been a credible face. I mean, what's he known for? Hitting people in the head with a guitar. I found the flipping burgers thing hilarious just in a "wrestling logic" type way. That you can somehow go from founder, to wrestler to... short order cook... but it got old after that.