By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

SaviorX said:
Wow, you guys make it sound like this Ted DiBiase Sr. was the man! I have never actually seen him, so I don't know what he is capable of.

However, Ric Flair and "The Million Dollar Man" are the only two wrestlers my dad remembers, so TD must have been pretty damn good. If the Million Dollar Man made a comeback, my pops would actually watch wrestling full-time haha

Around the Network

Ted Dibiase Sr or Cm Punk can end the streak. I like Cm Punk ending it more, he is just amazing. Good a babyface, but greater a heel. He is also very fantastic in the ring. I don't believe Ted is going face anymore for some reason............I have a weird feeling about all this, like they are trying to outsmart the smarks since they have been predicting a Ted face turn and match with Orton at Wrestlemania for months.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

IMO CM Punk is boring to watch. He's good as heel right now with the whole cult thing, but as a wrestler he isn't exciting to me.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Punk and the Straight Edge Society are one of the few interesting angles left on Smackdown. You sure Punk is boring you as a WRESTLER? He is better than half of the roster in the ring. The only thing holding that amazing ability back is the fact that he is playing a heel. Instead he has to be more focused on being smart, sneaky, opportunistic, and slow placed instead of pure wrestling. That's probably their point with Punk, to try to be boring, especially with his speeches about the Straight Edge lifestyle and being the savior of the WWE. I enjoy those segments though, obviously more people hate it, and everything about him. It's just what he has became ever since he cashed in his MITB contract on Jeff Hardy.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

There is just something about Punk's fighting style that just seems off to me. I'm not even sure you could classify it as any one thing. He's not a powerhouse, technical, high-flying, or cunning. He's just a mix of different moves that culminate into one OK package.

I mean, I wouldn't buy a PPV to see him fight.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Wow, you guys make it sound like this Ted DiBiase Sr. was the man! I have never actually seen him, so I don't know what he is capable of.

However, Ric Flair and "The Million Dollar Man" are the only two wrestlers my dad remembers, so TD must have been pretty damn good. If the Million Dollar Man made a comeback, my pops would actually watch wrestling full-time haha

He was the man.  One of the greatest heels ever.

Unfortunately his son has no personality at all.  I don't care for him, Rhodes, or Orton.  They can all wrestle, but none has the charisma that their fathers did. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

^^^QFT!!

Except that I like Orton. He's bigger than Bob ever was.

i want daniel bryan to end the streak!

try the hells gate on DB!

lol, seriously tho, always loved danielson

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

I stopped watching WWE shortly after Eddie Guerrero's Death, But I remember Kurt's and Undertaker's match was unbelievably epic.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

@kamal

the real sad thing after eddie died is how bad theyve treated chavo

he is the punchline of wrestling

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889