By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

As I predicted, Triple H vs Sheamus at Wrestlemania. Sheamus just attacked Triple H after he and Shawn lost their rematch for the Unified Tag Team Championships.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Around the Network

Looks like Awesome Kong just left TNA.

http://twitter.com/awesomekong/status/9842447796

This sucks, but it was expected after that incident. She was very unique and played a great dominant role.

----------

I thought Raw was great today apart from the cheesy Cheech & Chong segments. The John Cena/Batista promo was very entertaining.

Mirson said:

This sucks, but it was expected after that incident. She was very unique and played a great dominant role.

----------

I thought Raw was great today apart from the cheesy Cheech & Chong segments. The John Cena/Batista promo was very entertaining.

Now she can come to the WWE and beat Michelle McCool!!

Imphamis said:
If Shawn doesn't end the streak, Mcintyre is my next guess, in all seriousness. Him and Sheamus have been given major pushes in their career just because they are "friends" of Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Hunter mostly with Sheamus and Shawn mostly with Mcintyre. If Shawn doesn't end it, Mcintyre will then have the better chance, at least for now since he is on Smackdown. Sheamus can even do it, but the one who does this "job" doesn't have to be an elder or experienced wrestler. The WWE might just shock the world with an extremely young inexperienced one. That is IF Shawn does not end the streak. What if Cena actually ends the streak? The world will be in engulfed into an infinite riot.

No one will ever beat taker. But that's ok. The point of facing the undertaker is that every year it feels like an added main event. The streak is so important because it's like adding an extra world title match to the card. There's simply too much history and value behind the streak for it to ever end. 

spdk1 said:
I hope taker wins, if anyone beats him it needs to be a younger guy that gets a torch passed to them.

That's what i'm saying... I don't see shawn michaels hanging up the boots yet though.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Mirson said:

----------

Now she can come to the WWE and beat Michelle McCool!!

Does the WWE have any interest in any female wrestlers... that look like female wrestlers?

It'd be like Chyna all over again where you really don't buy any of the other women wrestlers beating her so they have to try and put her in the midcard scene.

Imphamis said:
I predict Randy Orton vs Ted Dibiase, Wrestlemania 26.

Ted is remaining heel while Orton turns babyface/tweener.

Can't really tell which way they're trying to go with that... the crowd was cheering Orton... but I can't help but feel the WWE meant to go the other way with it.

I mean, Orton still had the same "sadistic" move set... can he really make use of some of that stuff as a face?  

I kinda think they're ultimatly going to have Cody Rhodes turn on Dibiase and side with Orton turning Dibiase face.

Randy Orton as a good guy, I don't see how it works.

Kasz216 said:

What good does havng HBK beat Undertaker?  He already has a legendary career... and they both probably only have 2-3 more years in them.

Imagine he beats HBK this year, then next year he loses to someone like Jack Swagger, Drew McIntire... whatever.

That's instant credibility.  You could be a main eventer for a year just based on the guy who beat Undertaker... no matter who you were and give a new wrestler a real shot to establish yourself as a fixture to come.

What i'd like to see is a sudden return to face for shawn michaels at wrestlemania... he's wrestling with taker... then suddenly the undertaker gets taken out by a foreign object by somone with a beef with undertaker... and shawn michaels just stands there... really conflicted, because it's what he wanted so badly... yet it's not the way he wanted it.

Then just end the match with him waking into the back to a count out loss.

Yeah, HBK isn't beating Taker. In fact, I don't honestly think anyone will.

Like you, I'm guessing Taker's so banged up right now, that he has maybe a year left before his body really starts to break down, so whoever is going to break his streak should do so within either the next year or the one after that. Problem is, I don't think the WWE has anyone currently on their roster that could both handle the push they'd get from breaking the streak and benefit from it like they should.

Triple H, Michaels, Jericho and the other established stars don't need it, and it would just be wasted on them. Miz, Morrison, Punk, Ziggler and others aren't credible enough to break the streak and retain the heat they'd get from it. Orton and/or Lesnar could've worked, but their shots came and went. Cena could've done it a few years back, but like the other big names, he doesn't need it anymore.

And personally, I'd like Taker to retain his streak rather than have it wasted on a half-arsed effort to get Vinces latest pet over.

The ending for the HBK/Taker- Mania match is a nice idea, though. :p

Oh, and Orton's a GODAWFUL face. If anyone's face in that match, it has to be DiBiase.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Mise said:
Kasz216 said:

What good does havng HBK beat Undertaker?  He already has a legendary career... and they both probably only have 2-3 more years in them.

Imagine he beats HBK this year, then next year he loses to someone like Jack Swagger, Drew McIntire... whatever.

That's instant credibility.  You could be a main eventer for a year just based on the guy who beat Undertaker... no matter who you were and give a new wrestler a real shot to establish yourself as a fixture to come.

What i'd like to see is a sudden return to face for shawn michaels at wrestlemania... he's wrestling with taker... then suddenly the undertaker gets taken out by a foreign object by somone with a beef with undertaker... and shawn michaels just stands there... really conflicted, because it's what he wanted so badly... yet it's not the way he wanted it.

Then just end the match with him waking into the back to a count out loss.

Yeah, HBK isn't beating Taker. In fact, I don't honestly think anyone will.

Like you, I'm guessing Taker's so banged up right now, that he has maybe a year left before his body really starts to break down, so whoever is going to break his streak should do so within either the next year or the one after that. Problem is, I don't think the WWE has anyone currently on their roster that could both handle the push they'd get from breaking the streak and benefit from it like they should.

Triple H, Michaels, Jericho and the other established stars don't need it, and it would just be wasted on them. Miz, Morrison, Punk, Ziggler and others aren't credible enough to break the streak and retain the heat they'd get from it. Orton and/or Lesnar could've worked, but their shots came and went. Cena could've done it a few years back, but like the other big names, he doesn't need it anymore.

And personally, I'd like Taker to retain his streak rather than have it wasted on a half-arsed effort to get Vinces latest pet over.

The ending for the HBK/Taker- Mania match is a nice idea, though. :p

Oh, and Orton's a GODAWFUL face. If anyone's face in that match, it has to be DiBiase.

I think Punk could pull it off.

I really do, but that's about it.

I also don't see Orton as a face...  I mean, what's he left with as a face... the whole "I'm psycho" think is his entire gimmic.  I mean, not in a stone cold I may attack you type way, but in a mentally distrubed way.

I can't see that being played off as a face like a Ken Kennedy "I'm an ass but against heels" way because of how more insane it is.

Then again I don't really know what Dibiase's hook is as a face either...

I'd have corey betray ted next week, or at mania... then have them fued with Ted coming out on top and hopefully getting a good gimic at it.

Kasz216 said:

I think Punk could pull it off.

I really do, but that's about it.

I also don't see Orton as a face...  I mean, what's he left with as a face... the whole "I'm psycho" think is his entire gimmic.  I mean, not in a stone cold I may attack you type way, but in a mentally distrubed way.

I can't see that being played off as a face like a Ken Kennedy "I'm an ass but against heels" way because of how more insane it is.

Then again I don't really know what Dibiase's hook is as a face either...

I'd have corey betray ted next week, or at mania... then have them fued with Ted coming out on top and hopefully getting a good gimic at it.

Punk's a huge maybe. The WWE would have to stick with him for a better part of a year, both to prepare him for the streak, breaking it and then holding on to the heat. Thing is, I don't see the WWE ever going for it.

I dunno what they're going to do to make DiBiase face, but Orton's pretty much unsalvageable in that regard - so I guess anything would work.

Would a Bruce Wayne-ish benevolent millionaire gimmick work? His father is the Million Dollar Man, after all.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.