By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Mise said:
Kasz216 said:

They confirmed mondays today... seems like such an odd choice... how is it going to help rating at all to go up against another wrestling show? I'm not a ratings expert but i'd think distance would be good and not bad.

That's not just an odd choice, it's downright suicidal IMO.

How in the hell does Hogan expect to compete with RAW, period, let alone going head-to-head with it? RAW has an established talent base, a much bigger fan base and has tons more media exposure. Not to mention, the show is run far more professionally than Impact has ever been.

They can't even back out of it without losing face in the media and with their own talent- and fanbases. Yet they have to either do it - or up their game, like, 10x over that "big" January Impact - or they're just flat-out screwed.

This is like David and Goliath - except David is pants-on-head retarded and Goliath has a goddamn minigun.

Literally, Lol!

I missed Friday's Smackdown.  Damn snow storm.  Now I gotta go to WWE.COM and read the results.

Around the Network

TNA Against All Odds ppv was terrrible. The way I see it, TNA will never match up to WWE's competition.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

d21lewis said:
TNA is doomed. I'm watching it right now and Hulk Hogan has zero heat. The audience is dead and he's trying to sound hip by spouting off sayings that were cool twenty-forty years ago. The audience isn't feeling it at all.

They really need to get out of the Impact Zone or this will not end well.

I wouldn't judge by that crowd.  They're basically the "sony fanboys" of TNA wrestling.  Pretty niche, just used to the same thing, angry about the change and not very accepting.  The actual ratings have been up of flat in general vs before Hogan got there. 

Though I do worry they risk losing the new fans who likely mostly watch Raw.

Kasz216 said:
d21lewis said:
TNA is doomed. I'm watching it right now and Hulk Hogan has zero heat. The audience is dead and he's trying to sound hip by spouting off sayings that were cool twenty-forty years ago. The audience isn't feeling it at all.

I wouldn't judge by that crowd.  They're basically the "sony fanboys" of TNA wrestling.  Pretty niche, just used to the same thing, angry about the change and not very accepting.  The actual ratings have been up of flat in general vs before Hogan got there. 

Then TNA need to move to a different location.  The show itself was pretty good and the stars there were some of the greatest of all time.  I remember seeing the piss poor reception that Hogan was getting and thinking, "Don't these guys know who this is?  They're in the presence of greatness!!"  TNA needs to leave the Impact Zone and go on tour.  A bad audience can kill a match, show, or a PPV.  If these guys in TNA's current location don't appreciate what they're getting (and from what I understand, they get it for free!), then I'd quit giving it to them.

d21lewis said:
Kasz216 said:
d21lewis said:

Then TNA need to move to a different location.  The show itself was pretty good and the stars there were some of the greatest of all time.  I remember seeing the piss poor reception that Hogan was getting and thinking, "Don't these guys know who this is?  They're in the presence of greatness!!"  TNA needs to leave the Impact Zone and go on tour.  A bad audience can kill a match, show, or a PPV.  If these guys in TNA's current location don't appreciate what they're getting (and from what I understand, they get it for free!), then I'd quit giving it to them.

No doubt.  I'm surprised that despite being so small they can't get money to tour, i mean their are always empty stadiums.  Don't know if Vince is playing his usual asshat hardball threateining stadiums who go with them or what.

Sure you wouldn't fill the arenas but you'd be able to get enough sales i'd  think... or at least make a deal to make  money off the concessions and merchandise... and there are camera angles to use that would work.  It's not like Wrestling needs wide camera angles.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Mirson said:
http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/1769-monday-watch-the-press-conference-online

TNA is going to make a major announcement this coming Monday, and they'll be streaming it online. They're probably going to announce that they'll be moving to Monday nights.

They confirmed mondays today... seems like such an odd choice... how is it going to help rating at all to go up against another wrestling show? I'm not a ratings expert but i'd think distance would be good and not bad.

Kind of suicidal as well especially since it's Wrestlemania time. They're going head-to-head with Raw, the full two hours. It would've been better if they started an hour earlier than Raw, like WCW was.  That way, if fans are liking the first hour, they might stick around for the second hour. Oh well, Monday Night Wars part 2 coming this March.

@snake, I agree. Against All Odds was bad. The matches I enjoyed were Pope vs Wolfe and Anderson vs Angle. The rest were decent, slow, boring or downright bad (Abyss vs Foley, I'm looking at you).

AJ vs. Joe was surprisingly boring and dragged on. I was expecting a good match from them since they had a lot of great matches in the past, but this one was weak. I guess it's because of AJ's new gimmick; it altered his moveset, so he doesn't do as many "phenomenal" moves as before.

I'm glad tna is moving to mondays. Raw has definitely been picking up but what happens after mania? will it be more same-ol, same-ol?

tna is rough, no doubt, but I'm more interested in it now then ever. I want to see what these growing pains lead to. I like AJ as champ, I like the Pope as #1 contender, I love the young guys with the belts. I don't like the dudley's putting over the nasties, but I'm going to bet they're gone by summer.

I do wish tna would go 8-10. there is literally no reason for a straight head to head.

But at the end of the day, do I want "wwe" style matches with HHH, cena, ortan, sheamus? Or do I was "exhibition" style matches with styles, joe, angle, and daniels? It's not there yet, but tna has all the pieces to be something special.

tastyshovelware said:
I'm glad tna is moving to mondays. Raw has definitely been picking up but what happens after mania? will it be more same-ol, same-ol?

tna is rough, no doubt, but I'm more interested in it now then ever. I want to see what these growing pains lead to. I like AJ as champ, I like the Pope as #1 contender, I love the young guys with the belts. I don't like the dudley's putting over the nasties, but I'm going to bet they're gone by summer.

I do wish tna would go 8-10. there is literally no reason for a straight head to head.

But at the end of the day, do I want "wwe" style matches with HHH, cena, ortan, sheamus? Or do I was "exhibition" style matches with styles, joe, angle, and daniels? It's not there yet, but tna has all the pieces to be something special.

Well, as for what happens after Wrestlemania, things aare suppose to pick up in the summer when the Rock returns. He said that he's going to do more than just guets host. i heard he's working on a special project with them. He also said that he wants to spice up the storylines by having a little bit of the new era and the attitude era mixed up together. If Vince Mcmahon goes along with what he has to offer, then the storylines in the coming months should be pretty good.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

TNA fans, take note. See how the WWE audience is treating Bret on Monday's RAW? THAT'S how you treat a legend.

The Jerry Springer segment on Raw was one of the worst things that I've seen on television in recent memory. First it's revealed that it's a practical joke that didn't matter and then May Young.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger