By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Kasz216 said:
Mirson said:
Thanks.

Just watched the diva segment from Smackdown. I can see this angle sending a negative message to the female watchers who are sensitive about their weight as it portrays what the WWE thinks is beautiful. It must make those who are the same size or bigger than Mickie James feel awful.

It's a touchy subject. I know a few people who are sensitive about their weight and call themselves fat when they look at themselves in the mirror. They're a little bigger than Mickie James, but not by much.

It is a REALLY stupid angle.

I'm sure the WWE slant will be "She wins in the end so it's ok"  Ignroring the fact that it's going to cause a lot of people problems well before it's resolved.

What's even more interesting about it.

When you go one step down from Vince McMahon... the 3 next important people in the company?  All women.

The speech Mickie James did was great and supportive, but too bad she got beaten up and had a cake shaped as a pig shoved at her face.

I didn't know the next three important people were women. I thought it was only one since Linda left, and I think someone else left too but not sure on that one.

One of the worst wrestling entrance themes ever:

Around the Network

^^^My God, did Weird Al make that song???

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Wow thats a horrible song.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Just watched the Mickey James vs. Cake segment. Damn. I know it's all staged, but if Awesome Kong were to come to the WWE (it's a rumor) now would be the time. Layla and Michelle need some straightening out.

Forget the prelims. If Kong ever goes to the WWE Beth Pheonix versus Kong right away. Of course Mcool could be coaxing Pheonix to help keep Kong away.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network

So when did TNA stop being "TNA Wrestling" and go back to being called "TNA Impact!"? My DVR didn't recognize it and it didn't record. TNA can't be a winner if we can't watch it.

I saw that Mickey James segment yesterday with the piggy cake..........

Yea, that was pretty sad. Kinda crossed the line there. It wouldn't be as bad if it was dude, but there have been cases of women harming/killing themselves over weight issues.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

this was another terrible theme to hear

@d2lewis You Tube has Impact now if you missed it.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

spdk1 said:
this was another terrible theme to hear

The Right To Censor theme is actually less annoying than the American Males one.

Those American Males guys became huge stars though.  Look at Marcus Alexander Bagwell and Scotty Riggs now.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger