By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

tastyshovelware said:
spdk1 said:
These are the kind of fans that are messing stuff up:

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=92893

It's a shame how guys so "smart" to wrestling just don't know how to behave. I guess at this weeks impact they chant "you are married" at AJ when he walks out with one of flare's bimbos. I mean, yes, it's a funny chant, but these guys who say they love TNA and claim possession over it just completely no-sold their beloved champion and his new heel gimmick that TNA is trying to use to get him more notice nationally. 

That's... stupid.

It'd be like if someone filmed a TV show somewhere and the people around... after being brought in as extras... started asking people questions and "outing" them as their real actors.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
tastyshovelware said:
spdk1 said:

It's a shame how guys so "smart" to wrestling just don't know how to behave. I guess at this weeks impact they chant "you are married" at AJ when he walks out with one of flare's bimbos. I mean, yes, it's a funny chant, but these guys who say they love TNA and claim possession over it just completely no-sold their beloved champion and his new heel gimmick that TNA is trying to use to get him more notice nationally. 

That's... stupid.

It'd be like if someone filmed a TV show somewhere and the people around... after being brought in as extras... started asking people questions and "outing" them as their real actors.

or a "This is TV" *Clap Clap clapity clap* chant that begins 5 mins in and continues for the rest of the episode

spdk1 said:
Kasz216 said:
tastyshovelware said:
spdk1 said:

That's... stupid.

or a "This is TV" *Clap Clap clapity clap* chant that begins 5 mins in and continues for the rest of the episode

At least, that I understand... don't like, but understand since Wrestling is half TV scripted/Half Sport.

But I mean, my god.  Don't out peoples gimics that's horrible.  I mean... I can only imagine how upset i'd of been had when I was watching the Million Dollar Man as a little kid are heard chants of "Your really super chrisitan and nice!"

I mean, I don't want to know anything about AJ styles or Sting or even consequences creed because I want to better get into their characters.  Cause... they're acting... that's almost half the fun.

The audience can make or break a good match. If I were watching a comedian and the audience wasn't into the comedy, I wouldn't be into it, either. The same thing goes for wrestling. I get the feeling that these guys (who go to TNA's matches for free, btw) are going to kill TNA.

Snake612 said:
I saw RAW and it was horrible. I heard that Edge might make his return at the Royal Rumble. He's been gone for awhile now. Anyways, those TNA fans need to get use to the changes. Hogan is trying to put TNA into mainstream popularity. I think the new four sided ring is a great adjustment. Their next big step is to get themselves out of Orlando and host their tv shows and live events in bigger arenas.

I'd say the very first thing TNA needs to do is to get its head on straight.

Currently, TNA only offers lame duck skits, ADHD matches with some of the worst finishes in the history of man, and TNA's own stars being pushed aside in favor of the geriatric parade. Sure, there are some great offerings here and there, like the womens tag title match at the BIG Impact, and most of the Angle/Styles stuff, but they don't help that much IMO.

The storylines are just as bad or even worse (like Lashley's BAAWWW I WANT OUT- thing, the guy has a titleshot FFS) - it honestly doesn't seem like anyone ever thinks twice about putting some of this crap on the air. I'd bet most people in this thread could come up with something far superior than the TNA writing staff has ever done.

The biggest problem, however, is that they still carry themselves like late-WCW or WWE-Lite instead of being, well, being TNA. Being something different, or at least trying to be.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Around the Network
Mise said:
Snake612 said:
I saw RAW and it was horrible. I heard that Edge might make his return at the Royal Rumble. He's been gone for awhile now. Anyways, those TNA fans need to get use to the changes. Hogan is trying to put TNA into mainstream popularity. I think the new four sided ring is a great adjustment. Their next big step is to get themselves out of Orlando and host their tv shows and live events in bigger arenas.

I'd say the very first thing TNA needs to do is to get its head on straight.

Currently, TNA only offers lame duck skits, ADHD matches with some of the worst finishes in the history of man, and TNA's own stars being pushed aside in favor of the geriatric parade. Sure, there are some great offerings here and there, like the womens tag title match at the BIG Impact, and most of the Angle/Styles stuff, but they don't help that much IMO.

The storylines are just as bad or even worse (like Lashley's BAAWWW I WANT OUT- thing, the guy has a titleshot FFS) - it honestly doesn't seem like anyone ever thinks twice about putting some of this crap on the air. I'd bet most people in this thread could come up with something far superior than the TNA writing staff has ever done.

The biggest problem, however, is that they still carry themselves like late-WCW or WWE-Lite instead of being, well, being TNA. Being something different, or at least trying to be.

The "Lashley I want out" storyline I believe is predicated on.... well Lashley wanting out.

I think he really does want to do MMA.

He's actually scheduled to fight someone on the 30th.

Kasz216 said:

The "Lashley I want out" storyline I believe is predicated on.... well Lashley wanting out.

I know Lashley's going into MMA, but you don't have to say that on the air.

It doesn't exactly paint a very convincing picture of TNA, if someone who's eligible to challenge for the biggest belt you have says the company blows and he wants out.

Then again, Lashley's completely useless anyway, so TNA management should just grant him his wish, and have him squashed by Samoa Joe or someone on his way out.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Mise said:
Kasz216 said:

I know Lashley's going into MMA, but you don't have to say that on the air.

It doesn't exactly paint a very convincing picture of TNA, if someone who's eligible to challenge for the biggest belt you have says the company blows and he wants out.

Then again, Lashley's completely useless anyway, so TNA management should just grant him his wish, and have him squashed by Samoa Joe or someone on his way out.

I'm guessing that's the plan.

That's me though.

But how would that make Lashley look in the MMA world if he gets squashed by some pro-wrestler?

looks like TNA is getting more exposure already:

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.10945.fightin~apos~_fanboys~colon~_tna_visits_marvel