By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

spdk1 said:

Mickie James diving off the cage tonight was insane!

It sure was, The Mickie/Tara rivalry is really good. TNA Knockouts > WWE Divas.

Around the Network

There's a really muscle-bound older guy at my job that I just found out used to be an independent-wrestler!  Apparently, everybody knew this but me.  He went by the name "Luscious Lonnie" (His real name is Dyches--I can't spell his first name, but it's pronounced FAY-LAN.)  He sat there with me on post, talking about working with Matt and Jeff Hardy and about how he would lose the championship to Rob Van Dam every weekend.  I was geeking out!!

Of course, now he's in bad shape because of a bad neck and a bad back.  Still, I was very impressed.

Can someone explain to me why I just saw Hornswaggle Wrestle a guy in an Eagle suit on Smackdown?  I think Smackdown will be taken off my DVR pretty soon.

spdk1 said:

Can someone explain to me why I just saw Hornswaggle Wrestle a guy in an Eagle suit on Smackdown?  I think Smackdown will be taken off my DVR pretty soon.

When I saw the Pro Wrestling thread, I was gonna post the same thing.  Smackdown has been shit for a long time (since Taker was found in a vegetative state").  And before that, it was still a little crappy.  Haven't enjoyed it since Punk or Swagger were champions.  I'm close to saying "Fuck Smacdown".

And I didn't even make it to that fight you speak of.  I turned the show off when Edge ran off with Paul Bearer after a month of being a kidnapper.  That storyline should end with Edge going to prison for 30 years.

spdk1 said:

They did that match for the kids. LOL!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
spdk1 said:

When I saw the Pro Wrestling thread, I was gonna post the same thing.  Smackdown has been shit for a long time (since Taker was found in a vegetative state").  And before that, it was still a little crappy.  Haven't enjoyed it since Punk or Swagger were champions.  I'm close to saying "Fuck Smacdown".

And I didn't even make it to that fight you speak of.  I turned the show off when Edge ran off with Paul Bearer after a month of being a kidnapper.  That storyline should end with Edge going to prison for 30 years.

Yeah... I don't get where they are going with that.

Also, why Edge gets cheered.

I think MAYBE it's a botched attempt to turn Edge heel and Kane face again figureing that "Hey with Thanksgiving and X-mas we'll show that Kane's really human who loves his dad (that he calls paul bearer), and Edge is a dick."

Except nobody buying it because

1) It's the age of Orton, where fans don't care that if your only character motivation is that you are a Sociopath.  They will cheer you regardless.  Rather then turn Orton face they should of made him hate the USA.  That should still get some cheap heat.

2) Kane JUST killed the Undertaker basically... bit early for the face turn.

Also, maybe I'm remembering the Kane VS Undertaker storyline wrong, but didn't it end up being the Undertaker who burned down their house killing their parents and scarring Kane... but Paul Bearer turned out to be Kane's real father?

Kasz216 said:
d21lewis said:
spdk1 said:

I think MAYBE it's a botched attempt to turn Edge heel and Kane face again figureing that "Hey with Thanksgiving and X-mas we'll show that Kane's really human who loves his dad (that he calls paul bearer), and Edge is a dick."

1) It's the age of Orton, where fans don't care that if your only character motivation is that you are a Sociopath.  They will cheer you regardless.

Also, maybe I'm remembering the Kane VS Undertaker storyline wrong, but didn't it end up being the Undertaker who burned down their house killing their parents and scarring Kane... but Paul Bearer turned out to be Kane's real father?

I tuned in to wrestling one week as a kid.  A biker character who was called "The One Man Gang" the week before was known as "The African Dream, Akeem", the next week......and he was white!  I stopped asking questions, after that.

d21lewis said:
Kasz216 said:
d21lewis said:
spdk1 said:

1) It's the age of Orton, where fans don't care that if your only character motivation is that you are a Sociopath.  They will cheer you regardless.

I tuned in to wrestling one week as a kid.  A biker character who was called "The One Man Gang" the week before was known as "The African Dream, Akeem", the next week......and he was white!  I stopped asking questions, after that.

Ha, so I'm not the only one confused by that... good to know.  My girlfriend is convinced he's really just a REALLY light skinned black man but I think she's just in denial.

I even had the Akeem the Dream action figure,  Him and Big Bossman were just that great a tag team.

RAW was alright last night. Cena is rehired and he won Superstarof the year. I think Kane or Orton should have won the award. I hope the Cena vs. Nexus rivalry ends this Sunday, its dragging on long enough. Sheamus/Morrison will have a match on Sunday to determine the #1 contender for the WWE championship.

BTW: Anyone saw when Sheamus threw Morrison outside of the ring onto a ladder last night? I had a ECW flashback when I saw that. LOL!

BoneArk said:

RAW was alright last night. Cena is rehired and he won Superstarof the year. I think Kane or Orton should have won the award. I hope the Cena vs. Nexus rivalry ends this Sunday, its dragging on long enough. Sheamus/Morrison will have a match on Sunday to determine the #1 contender for the WWE championship.

BTW: Anyone saw when Sheamus threw Morrison outside of the ring onto a ladder last night? I had a ECW flashback when I saw that. LOL!

I think Miz probably should of won Superstar of the year... but I mean, he was a Heel, and it was a fan voted award.

I agree on the Cena V Nexus angle... whenever they hit a fork they keep picking the least enertaining  choice.

Cena lost, was fired for like... two weeks, then rehired just to be beat down... what was the point?  Were they planning a Cena heel turn and got cold feet?  Was Randy Orton originally going to be the leader of Nexus but then he became too popular?  Why not have Wade Barret leave Nexus?

As for the #1 contender match... Morrison has to win that right?  Can't see heel vs heel, and having Miz lose so early would just be... weak.