By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I actually like that The Fortune wants EV2.0 to "GTFO their company".

Enjoyed Smackdown, Alberto Del Rio seems like a huge draw. Defeating Rey Mysterio on his debut? Via Submission? Has his own personal ring announcer? Enters the ring with not only a waterfall pyro but in a Rolls Royce?

Kind of reminds me of a Mexican JBL lol, but he brags about being honest more than rich.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Around the Network

I was shocked when Kaval mentioned Total Nonstop Action in his "rap" on NXT.  I wonder if the WWE powers that be approved of that......

As for TNA and Smackdown:  I missed 'em both,this week.  Had to record Futurama and when I tried to watch Smackdown this morning, I had My Gym Partner is a Monkey, Chowder, and a bunch of other Nickelodeon cartoons, instead.  Kids.  You gotta love 'em.

Smackdown was great. McIntyre and Rhodes teaming up should be good, I think they can be a great heel tag team. Kane's promo was awesome, I'm starting to like Kane more since he became Champion. Alberto Del Rio should be a great to watch, he does kind of remind me of JBL,but, he kinda reminds me of "Legend Killer" Randy Orton when Orton was with Evolution. Del Rio use to be a MMA fighter, u can probably tell from the flying armbar he did to beat Rey Mysterio.

spdk1 said:

impact was good, but not at all amazing like last week, I'm still liking reaction, hope they keep it up.

TNA released a bunch of folks today:

Homicide: has been ruining matches on purpose apparently, so he was benched

Tomko: lost a match with mcdonalds

Hall / Waltman : finally taken off the roster page

Rosie Lottalove: she was pretty bad in the handful of matches I saw of hers

Daniels- left a long time ago, contract just expired

ODB - left a long time ago, contract just expired

good calls, makes room for those that want to be there, those that bring something to the game

Haha, I ripped on Tomko so much ever since he returned to TNA. WWE hired him like a year back and cut him for being out of shape. Not only did TNA hire him after that, but they let him on TV! crazy.

Smackdown was pretty good. The heels especially are really stepping up. Cody Rhodes has made real strides, punk is great of course, and dare I say that Drew McIntyre is showing some improvement. I DVR all my wrestling though to skip all the crap and I refuse to watch any kane promos. Literally before he starts talking I hit fast forward. I'm not even sure why he put taker in a coma..... but it's kane, it can't be that interesting. The fact is, he's still good in the ring for his size/age and he can be good on the mic, but "red-lighting-erie-music-kane-style" promos are just blah. 

Mysterio vs Del Rio wasn't great but it was a very solid tv match. Del Rio must be in line for a big push quick. We all know top tier faces don't tap out. He made Rey tap and he did it clean. He got crazy heat after the win. I love his look too, almost like he was taken out of 'punch-out.' The ring announcer is great too.

d21lewis said:

I'm still pissed at WWE for getting rid of Shelton Benjamin and Mickie James and for destroying Cryme Tyme.

Yeah... that Cryme Tyme split ended in a whole lotta nothing.

Shad just became and angry dude... and JTG... well I dunno.

May as well kept them together as a tag team, what with the lack of tag teams.

Around the Network

im pissed at wwe, we didnt have a lingerie contest or a bikini contest in a long time. i miss the rivalries btw sable dawn marie and torie wilson. ahhh good days. 

kelly kelly and ashley can take their places, but they dont do anything these days, they only focus on the damn nexus.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

According to my DirceTV info, John Cena, R-Truth, Edge, Jericho, Barrett, and Orton will all compete to be the #1 contender. I guess we'll see a 6-man tournament tonight.

RAW was alright. It's going to be a six-pack match at Night of Champions, Cena, Orton, Edge, Jericho, Barrett, and Sheamus for the WWE Championship. I bet this would of been a Elimination Chamber match if it wasn't for the PG rating.

I believe Barrett is our next WWE Champion

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

BoneArk said:

RAW was alright. It's going to be a six-pack match at Night of Champions, Cena, Orton, Edge, Jericho, Barrett, and Sheamus for the WWE Championship. I bet this would of been a Elimination Chamber match if it wasn't for the PG rating.

It's not in a chamber because there is already a yearly elimination chamber ppv that happens after the rumble.