By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

TNA was boring yesterday, the Motor City Machineguns/Beer Money Inc. was the only good thing last night. Next week's "The whole F'N Show" should be good.

Around the Network

Hardcore Justice was actually pretty good, nothing groundbreaking but a solid show so far.  Raven vs. dreamer was awesome!

After fully watching the PPV, here are my thoughts:

Hardcore Justice was a good fun PPV, folks will probably scoff at it, and give it crappy scores on star rankings, but that wasn't the point.  Tommy dreamer was out there to give the fans one last show, especially after the name ECW was ran throught the mud.  There were funny moments, there were extreme moments, and heartwarming moments, but all in all the ECW guys proved that they could still go, and sidestepped a "trainwreck" that most TNA haters were wanting.  Jerry Lynn was supposed to be in the main event, but sadly got injured about a week ago, and was not cleared to show up, Saby took his place. 

FBI Vs. Kid Kash, Swinger and Diamond

It was really cool to see Tracy Smothers out there wrestling as he was there by appearance only at a few of the WWE ONS PPVs,  Mamaluke and Guido looked as if the haven't aged at all and carried the match for F.B.I., but Smothers did do his trademark goofy dance in an impromptu "dance off" in the middle of the match.  I saw some asinine IWC fans whining about the "dance off", thus proving that they hasd never watched ECW back in the day, as that happened in most F.B.I. matches.  Simon Diamoond was a bit out of shape, but carried himself well, there was no "brian knobbs" style crappiness going on. 

Too Cold Scorpio vs. CW Anderson

Holy Crap! Scorpio is better than he was 10 years ago!  This dude has to be in his forties, and he was out there doing moonsaults, suicide dives, and everything else that made him famous in the first place.  Anderson looked a bit rusty but put on a good show as the clash of styles made for an entertaining match.  I would love to see TNA sign Scorpio to be honest, as the crowd loves the guy, and he would be awesome in the X-division.  I know he's old, but the guy can outwrestle some X-division guys at ten - fifteen years their senior.

Stevie Richards Vs. Justin Credible

Before the match there was an awesome promo by the BWO members and Al Snow backstage, where Snow was conplaining to his weapon/manager Head that "those guys up north" are going to sue them, and he was scared to talk as they couldn't say ECW, or a number of people's names.  Hollywood Nova runs in and talks about how Meanie wasn't there, so much like the Show Roseanne, he found a stand-in.  In walks Tilly from TNA securioty doing a spot on impression of Blue Meanie.  Meanie had prior obligations he had to attend to, but sent in a video to the fans saying "thank you".  The match itself was pretty good,  which is saying something as dirt sheets claim PJ palaco works for minimum wage somewhere and hasn't wrestled forever.  he looked pretty solid tonight.  After the match Palaco stood tall in the ring with a singapore can after he took his loss badly, lights went off, and Sandman was there to rough him up. 

Rhino vs. Al Snow Vs. Spike Dudley

This was one of the weaker matches of the night, but I loved seeing Al Snow wrestle after his long absense from the ring.  There was a great bit where Dudley was about to hit Snow with a chair, but thought otherwise as it would result in a DQ, so he hit the chair on the ground making a loud noise and fell down.  this was of course to get Snow elimated form the match.  Snow then did the same thing and slammed the chair down, and falling down as well.  when the ref woke up, all he saw was all three competitors face down in the ring and a chair laying there...lol

Dudley Boyz vs. Chair Swinging freaks

The match started with Balls Mahoney finding out his name for the night was "kahoneys" which made Mike Tenay and Taz giggle like little girls all night.  Joel Gertner came out with the Dudleys and delivered a classic Gertner promo about having sex with lady gaga amongst other things.  Bubba ray called for the match to be a philly street fight, and that's exactly wahat happened.  The best part of the match for me was when looking for a weapon Balls came up with a green Force FX lightsaber to which the audience started chanting "USE THE FORCE, USE THE FORCE, USE THE FORCE", D-Von tossed bubba a red lightsaber, and honest to God, they had a lightsaber fight in the ring.  The match ended with Balls going through a flaming table.   At the end New Jack and Mustafa saeed came out and destroyed everyone with a bunch of weapons as per any New Jack "match"

Raven Vs. dreamer

The highlight of the night, both guys gave it thier all and told a story in this match.  As an end to their almost amcient rivalry, it worked well as Raven got the last laugh but Dreamer walked out with his family.  At one point Raven'r Cronie Lupus interfered as did Beulah.  There were some crazy moments like Dreamer Choking Raven with Barbed Wire.  MOTN definitely.

Sabu Vs. RVD

First time seeing Sabu since he shaved his head, so that was a shock.  Sabu also looked better than he had in years, he didn't botch at all, didn't get legit injured, and wrestled clean, thus leading me to belive that he got kind of crappy in WWECW due to hating being there.  Bill Alfonzo was acting as both men's manager, which was funny and made for some great moments, as he had to help RVD at one point, then Sabu the next.  pretty typical match for these guys, as in if you've seen one RVD vs. Sabu match you've seen them all, but it was a fitting ME. 

solid PPV for fans of ECW that watched it in its heyday.  I'd rate it something like a 7.5-8/ 10 and I will most likely get the DVD once it comes out.  younger fans that did not grow up watching wrestling in the heyday of 1997-2000 probably won't get into it as much as it continued or homaged a lot of stuff from the ECW Tv years, which I liked.  Aside from TNA having to dance around a ton of legal issues, I think this turned out fine.

I thought Hardcore Justice didn't live up to all the hype, IMO.

Looks like Edge and Jericho are back on the team, and Khali seems injured. Will someone replace him at Summerslam?

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

I think I enjoyed it mostly due to the fact that everywhere I looked it basically had negative hype...lol  I need to find a more "fair and balanced" place to get wrestling news because the few sites I read seem to hate TNA and want everything to be like ROH or Dragongate USA.  I went in expecting a trainwreck and was pleasantly surprised.

Around the Network

RAW was decent last night. I think the Nexus will win,but, I think someone will sabotage team WWE.

BoneArk said:
BoneArk said:

NXT was alright last night, the crowd was to quiet. The first poll was released.

Here are the rankings:

1. Kaval (no surprise there)

2. Percy Watson

3. Michael McGullicutty

4. Alex Riley

5. Lucky Cannon

6. Eli Cottonwood

7. Husky Harris

8. Titus O'Neal (Eliminated)

I really hope Kaval or Michael McGullicutty wins NXT.

The new NXT poll was released yesterday.

1. Michael McGullicutty

2. Kaval

3. Alex Riley

4. Percy Watson

5. Lucky Cannon

6. Husky Harris

7. Eli Cottonwood (eliminated)

I'm happy w/ the top 2 although I rather see Kaval as #1.

New NXT poll:

1. Kaval

2. Michael McGullicutty

3. Percy Watson

4. Husky Harris

5. Alex Riley

6. Lucky Cannon (eliminated)

Kaval is #1 again, next week will be a double elimination.

WTF?  I like Alex Riley!  Why's he ranking so low?

Oh, and on Monday Night Raw, when Jericho and Edge turned around and joined Cena and co. in the ring to face the Nexus, it sent chills through me!  It was predictable but still cool to see.  I sorta want to order Summerslam, now.

d21lewis said:

WTF?  I like Alex Riley!  Why's he ranking so low?

Oh, and on Monday Night Raw, when Jericho and Edge turned around and joined Cena and co. in the ring to face the Nexus, it sent chills through me!  It was predictable but still cool to see.  I sorta want to order Summerslam, now.

I think the reason Riley went 2 spots down is b/c he's like the Miz, he just talks and he's average in the ring. Remember that the fans vote as well.

I'm glad to hear hardcore justice was alright, but I'm still glad I didn't spend money on it. I've come to the point where I'm fine with ECW being gone because there are places like ROH and other indies who have taken on that torch since 2001. The final card did look pretty good. It's too bad guys like tajiri, super crazy, tanaka, and of course jerry lynn couldn't make it.

Raw was fine monday from what I've seen, I've still got like 30-45 minutes to go. Lots of promos, dramatics, ppv hype stuff. I dig the miz push of course. 

Also, wwe and tna are going back to the ROH well. tna has of course taken liberally from ROH over the years with wwe usually sticking to their developmental talent. wwe has just signed current ROH champ tyler black. I'm not a huge fan of his but he should be able to tap into the cm punk fanbase. I saw black wrestle out here in ROH's first LA show. He wasn't over for shit out here which was kind of funny. Also tna is trying out roderick strong. Strong is solid in the ring but that man can't cut a promo. 

How is chris hero still not signed anywhere? insanity.