By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

So according to the TNA website, Angle is going to wrestle Wolfe next week. Not expecting a great match, but hey they can surprise me like they did with Angle vs. AJ (incredible match).

I'm very excited about the Turning Point main event: AJ v Daniels v Joe. Those guys had great matches against each other back in the day. Though I find it weird that Daniels is getting a world title shot after losing an X division title match. I may order the PPV just for that match. Always wanted to see them wrestle each other one more time.

I'm glad the Smackdown team members have changed.

Around the Network

Dear God Smackdown was exactly like the South Park wrestling parody last week. At one point there were 8 guys in the ring talking about how they would kick each others ass for like 20 minutes with no wrestling....I can handle in ring promos, but not:

Dolph Ziggler: Oh yeah, Escobar, I will kick your ass

Escobar: no you won't, I'll kick your ass!

(Drew McIntyre's music hits)

Drew Mcintyre: Oh yeah guys, Vince Mcmahon sponsor'sme, so obviously I'll kick your ass.

Jericho: Nuh uh!

(repeat this for ten guys and give each one an entrance)

what happened to Smackdown!

Holy Shit!

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1770/84/

Hogan and Bishcoff just signed a deal with TNA!

Hogan better not set foot in the ring, though. He's WAAAY too old. He broke a bone getting out of bed, a few years ago, didn't he?

A couple days ago, I was watching CNN and I heard the announcer say ,"Up next, the Hulk Hogan suicide shocker!" I thought Hogan was dead! You wouldn't believe how hurt I was. Anyway, I look forward to him on TNA.

Changing subjects, wasn't Raw good on Monday? First time I felt that way in a while. And, didn't Kofi Kingston used to have an accent? Oh well.

And, I'm really looking forward to Smackdown. Batista has gone heel, so things should get much more interesting!

supposedly he is an investor (real life, not on camera) I can see him taking a commissioner role like foley, Bishcoff is also supposedly going to work behind the scenes, but not appear on camera, as his TV production company is going to help TNA get more exposure.

Around the Network

Good to hear. Hogan is still one of the biggest names out there, and Bischoff knows how to create interesting material. TNA has been doing pretty good, as of late. With these guys on the team, and their current push of young talent, I may watch a lot more than "The Beautiful People's" entrance.

spdk1 said:
Holy Shit!

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1770/84/

Hogan and Bishcoff just signed a deal with TNA!

Wow, that's fucking huge! This might give the exposure TNA wanted. Hogan will be appearing on Larry King tonight. I wonder if he'll talk anything about it.

Smackdown/ECW is coming to my town in December, and it's going to be a televised event :D. The tickets are pretty cheap, and I might go just to see Christian and Jericho.

d21lewis said:
Hogan better not set foot in the ring, though. He's WAAAY too old. He broke a bone getting out of bed, a few years ago, didn't he?

A couple days ago, I was watching CNN and I heard the announcer say ,"Up next, the Hulk Hogan suicide shocker!" I thought Hogan was dead! You wouldn't believe how hurt I was. Anyway, I look forward to him on TNA.

Changing subjects, wasn't Raw good on Monday? First time I felt that way in a while. And, didn't Kofi Kingston used to have an accent? Oh well.

And, I'm really looking forward to Smackdown. Batista has gone heel, so things should get much more interesting!

Hey, hogan has wrestled on two fake hips before...

It's funny.  He was a better wrestler then most people give him credit for... they just largely didn't WANT to see him wrestle back then.  I mean if you watch his japanese matches, where they expected more then just clotheslines and bodysklams you'd be surprised...

But yeah, him wrestling would be kinda scary.

In the past couple days, Hogan has been plugging himself and his book but only offering passing words about TNA. This is a great opportunity to put over the company and no one seems to be taking advantage. To be honest, I'm through with hogan and flair and funk and all those other 50+ year old guys who still lace em up. I still respect them and their contributions to the wrestling industry and I'll watch their matches from days past, but there's a point where, as a fan, I've moved on and I want to see what the young talent has to offer. Same goes for Sting, Nash, and Steiner.

Anyway, I am a super fan of the kofi push. I love the angle and the promo, it all works. Since they're finally billing him from being from south africa, hopefully they'll go the extra mile to revamp his image (aside from dropping the accent).

All TNA needs is Scott Hall and the NWO would be back. :p

On a serious note, I hope that the Hogan and Bischoff help get TNA over with more fans since I like it much more than the WWE which I don't "get" at all recently.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger