By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is why 360 better price cut soon.

JEDE3 said:
Sguy - yes, when you completely take the quote out of context it is an insult. Congratulations. You proved my point about English comprehension.

Euphoria - I agree. I don't need to really have long drawn out conversations. But cells are still necessary.

Sguy - What happens when you are driving down the highway and your engine poops out on you and you need a tow at 2am and the nearest exist are 2+ miles away? What happens when someone tries to mug you in the park at night and your badly injured and need medical attention. What happens when there is a work emergency and you need to be called in but are away from your home? Cells in this modern day is a necessity. They are a safety precaution.

It would be rather redundant to point out your spelling errors, when talking about english comprehension.

Around the Network
sguy78 said:
JEDE3 said:
Sguy - yes, when you completely take the quote out of context it is an insult. Congratulations. You proved my point about English comprehension.

Euphoria - I agree. I don't need to really have long drawn out conversations. But cells are still necessary.

Sguy - What happens when you are driving down the highway and your engine poops out on you and you need a tow at 2am and the nearest exist are 2+ miles away? What happens when someone tries to mug you in the park at night and your badly injured and need medical attention. What happens when there is a work emergency and you need to be called in but are away from your home? Cells in this modern day is a necessity. They are a safety precaution.

It would be rather redundant to point out your spelling errors, when talking about english comprehension.

go for it. only error you'll find is you are and exits.

Ms dont need to cut price they are 5 mill up

dunno001 said:
Kzoellner said:

dunno001 said:
sguy78 said:

There is a diiference between a want and a need.

Ain't that the truth. And the truth is that nobody NEEDS a cell phone. People think they do, but sorry, that's just not the case. Go back in time 20 years. Nobody needed a cell phone then, partially because they just didn't exist in the mainstream. And they're not suddenly "needed" now because they exist. To those who think they are a need, I ask this- how am I living without ever owning a cell phone? By the definition of 'need', I would be dead.

Oh, and Kzoe, try getting your facts straight if you're going to do comparisons. Yes, you need a gold live account for online gaming and Netflix. But movie/TV downloads? Silver (the free account) can access those. Prices are $2-$6 on XBL, and $1.99-$6.99 on PSN. With a lower upper end, I'd say MS wins that one. And downloadable games? Same deal. Call that one a draw- it's game price to game price. But... wireless? Really? I need a paid gold account to get my 360 online wirelessly??

not sure if dunno001 or sguy78 wrote the above quote bc it was screwed up.  we were talking about a gold account were we not?  I was also throwing features of each system.  You definition of a need varies on different levels. I said with a career. the want would be a better cell phone the way he was using it in comparison. thanks for playing

It would've been me. And we can talk about a gold account, that's fine. But you're passing off the costs to those things as though you NEED a gold account to access all of them, and that's not true. However, if you want to be really technical, the cost of a gold account is fixed regardless of the amount of stuff you do on it. Which means if you want to look at, and use, all of these features, the monthly fee (which is technically under $4, the 12 month cards always have an extra month free, and 50/13 < 4) would also have defrayed across all of those features. How to defray it could vary; would it be time spent doing X thing as a percentage, would it be a fixed cost/feature case? I'll use the fixed cost model since that's easier. $2/month for online gaming is still more than PSN, but now the $2/month cost attributed toward Netflix is cheaper than the $2.50/month cost you associated with the PS3 for the same thing.

Numbers really can be manipulated to say whatever you want.

Snap! I forgot about the free month. Good call.  I was just using a basic scenario in mine. I dont personally play with the fixed cost/feature case.  But I did shame on me. (Depends on the person).  But the $30 streamer is a one time payment that you do not have to keep purchasing year after year.

HDMI ONLY $6

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Alright guys, cool it with the personal insults. This applies to both sides of the argument.

Down with personal insults, up with cross platform hand jobs.

or is it Down with personal insults, Up and Down with cross platform hand jobs.

Nintendo Wii! Responsible for the revitalization of masterbation.

I have no idea why no one points this out. The Wii will bring about the next great sexual revolution.

Written by a PS3 fanboy obviously.

Here's what you need to play games at 1080P on a 360 - $199 Arcade. That's it.

Wifi is $100? Wow - I went to my local Gamestop and got the wifi for the 360 for $60.

HDMI is $50? Again, stretching the facts. Monoprice has them for $2 a pop - shipped it's like $6-$7.

Wasn't the Elite selling at the same price point as the PS3?

I think PS3 bots are trying to scare even more sales of the PS3. Folks aren't stupid - they will buy it if they want it.

MS doesn't need to follow Sony's lead. They haven't yet - why would they start doing it now?

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

JEDE3 said:
sguy78 said:
JEDE3 said:

How about some sentence structure?

JEDE3 said:
sguy78 said:
JEDE3 said:

Ooh! May I take a stab at it?

1st part: 'yes' is the beginning of a sentence; it should be capitalized. That's the only mistake I catch there.

2nd part: I'd have to look up if 'cells' has replaced 'cell phones' in proper English, but otherwise, it's fine.

3rd part: 1st sentence is a run-on. Remove some 'and's and add commas as appropriate. You mentioned 'exits', but missed that the proper use of the time would be '2 AM' (though with technically smaller capitals than the normal font) or '2 a.m.'. (Note that a space is present in both versions.) 2nd sentence is also a run-on, but not as bad as the first. Remove the first 'and' and again, comma as needed. You caught the 'you're' issue, but missed that it was a question, and needs to end with a question mark, not a period. In the next sentence, I would put a comma before 'but', however, I don't think that's actually required for correct usage. Continuing, again, I'd have to look up 'cells', but either way, it is a plural word, and should be paired up with 'are', not 'is', which you did get correct in the final sentence.

Sorry, but your challenging someone brought out the grammar nazi in me.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

sguy78 said:
JEDE3 said:
sguy78 said:
JEDE3 said:

How about some sentence structure?

oh, don't have a leg to stand on with the spelling so you change it to grammar? LOL you sir are ridiculous. I wasn't aware this was an english class and I was turning in an essay to you. But I was aware that this is a public forum and reading comprehension is major when you want to communicate with the people on it. Mis-interpret simple sentences and what you are left with is you getting overly defensive. BTW - I'm in honor english and got a high B with my speech class. Only reason I didn't recieve an A is because the last speech was a group project and I was grouped with a lithuanian....