By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, now that we have seen Sony's hand do you think they'll...

kowenicki said:
@johnsobas

exactly... see the numbers above.... a 75% YOY increase for the next 7 months running is required.

Don't even dare to bring facts and logic to this topic, is all about hope and faith...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

I'm a strong Sony loyalist, but it's going to be difficult.
13 million seems like it's obtainable, but they really need to have a strong new line-up of games to help strengthen the consumers word of mouth marketing.

With the way that software is being moved to the Q1 2010 area. They really don't have that consistent big name line-up.

They have Uncharted 2 on Oct. 13th in NA (I don't know when it hits Europe or Japan). Followed shortly by Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time. These are the 2 biggest exclusives for the PS3 this year.

I don't know where people keep hearing that GT5 will release this year. I don't see it happening and with MAG being pushed back into that Q1 void. This holiday isn't looking so strong for the exclusive side.

Now of coarse Japan is getting Final Fantasy XIII this year. Well at least that's what everyone thinks. I think I read an article about the Wada going to talk about the release date either soon or at TGS this year. So FF XIII could miss this year in Japan.

A pretty good line-up of 3rd party games that are mulitplatform. Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Warfare will help PS3's appearance.

But 360 has a Halo game hitting exclusively.

Sony still has a major fight on their hands, but at least Sony is looking alive again for the first time in a long time.
I don't think anyone can honestly say that Sony hasn't worked their asses off this year for PSP, PS3 and PSN.

I give Sony massive congrats, but they still can't stop and rest now. Still much work and fighting to do.

FJ-Warez said:
kowenicki said:
@johnsobas

exactly... see the numbers above.... a 75% YOY increase for the next 7 months running is required.

Don't even dare to bring facts and logic to this topic, is all about hope and faith...

that's what they said in my last thread. guess who was right. i was. now dont be a condescending troll.

If GT5 releases this year and FF13 comes out in japan before december i think its doable.

We should know by the end of October though.....If Sony market it and the public who some have assumed have been eagerly awaiting the price drop and some hardcore current owners upgrade i think we will be able to see how big of an impact it will have by October to see if theres a huge pent up demand in the market.

JEDE3 said:
FJ-Warez said:
kowenicki said:
@johnsobas

that's what they said in my last thread. guess who was right. i was. now dont be a condescending troll.

Wow, you are unbelievable.  I couldn't be wrong because I never took a side, I only said that your numbers were based on too much guesswork.  I never said they wouldn't have a slim or that it wouldn't go to $300.  I did doubt that the PS3 cost $250 to make, that's still up in the ai.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

75% in Japan (with FF13), hell yeah
75% in Europe(with GT5), tough call but acheivable
75% in USA (with the whole line up), maybe..........( or not )

^^ * shrugs*

But I'm going to laugh all day on your wall if it happens in any region

Yes, they will complete their goal of 13million units sold Worldwide this fiscal year.

Have you remembered of the possibility of Gran Turismo 5 being released this year? Don't forget Final Fantasy 13 being exclusive on the PlayStation 3 in Japan, that's when it will start selling like bananas.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

kowenicki said:
@iblah

laugh all day on my wall.... why? I couldnt give a monkeys toss if they do or they dont... I have a life... unlike you it appears.

I just happen to believe, backed up with some mathematical logic and historical precedence, that they wont.

*sigh* why people on the Internet are so serious these days, just trying to be friendly or funny or whatever you call it, forgot I ever said anything then.

um... somehow I still believe 75% increase can be done in Japan (lol...?!), but definitely not in US, if MS does nothing to " counter" Sony's pricecut and they manage to release GT5 before Chrismas then it will go gangbuster in EU, I don't really believe they could reach 13 millions goal in the first place, but I still think they have a chance in Europe, maybe they can go over 10 million if things are "smooth"