Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
deathgod33 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Well there goes my interest in upgrading to an Elite later.

ok come on, you can get an HDMI cable for under 5 bucks.

As if, not where im at, there all $50 and above and they dont ship HDMI cables where im at so no its a make or break, and with this news it just broke all over the place.

Your profile says you live in the United States. If that's true, you must be living in cabin in the middle of nowhere for your statement to be true.

Yes, Hawaii is apart of the USA, but they charge an insane amount or nothing at all for an HDMI cable which is why we only have 3 in our house all paid for at $40 to $50, so i stand by my statment.

So you're not anywhere near the Targets and Walmarts in Hawaii, which all have multiple HDMI cables for under $50? Also, explain to me why you can't get things shipped to Hawaii, because most online retailers ship there.

Also, as I said previously, if you have an HDMI cable for your current 360 you can always keep it and use it for the upgrade. If not then what are you using your three HDMI cables on?

No sad to say the island im on doesn't have a targets, well thats not entirly true there is one on the entire other side of the island but we ain't driven that damn far out for a damn cable, gas is far worse..

And as for the shipping thing, your guess is as good as mine, really if someone could help me out here it would be nice, i need a HDMI cable for my current tweaked Xbox 360 arcade, i normally have to switch back and forth from my PS3 to my 360, its pissing me off now since im getting back into 360 gaming again.

And as for the 3 HDMI cables, one is for my dads HDTV set-up thing, my mom has something going on in her room god knows what, and the last one is shared between my PS3 and my 360.

What island are you on?

Big island AKA the underdog island VS honululu.

Around the Network

Sure, you can use some generic $2 HDMI cable, but keep in mind that you're restricted to using your TV's built in speakers to output the audio then. The cables that came with the 360 in the past comes with the digital output connection built in so you can set up surround sound out of the box.

PullusPardus said:
well good thing they didn't remove the headset.

Sony on the other hand seriously needs to bundle the headset with the consoles.

really? MS on the other hand seriously needs to bundle wifi and wireless controllers that don't need batteries.

OT: HDMI are cheap if you know where to look so it's not that news worthy.

Nothing was as ridiculous as Microsoft charging $30.00 for a DVD controller on the original Xbox. I went through three of those pieces of junk.

SickleSigh said:
PullusPardus said:
well good thing they didn't remove the headset.

Sony on the other hand seriously needs to bundle the headset with the consoles.

really? MS on the other hand seriously needs to bundle wifi and wireless controllers that don't need batteries.

Wait, what? Mind explaining how that would work?

OT: We constantly get spare cables from all over here. I do know for a fact that we have an extra HDMI cable in the cables box, so it's moot for us.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
deathgod33 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

As if, not where im at, there all $50 and above and they dont ship HDMI cables where im at so no its a make or break, and with this news it just broke all over the place.

Your profile says you live in the United States. If that's true, you must be living in cabin in the middle of nowhere for your statement to be true.

Yes, Hawaii is apart of the USA, but they charge an insane amount or nothing at all for an HDMI cable which is why we only have 3 in our house all paid for at $40 to $50, so i stand by my statment.

So you're not anywhere near the Targets and Walmarts in Hawaii, which all have multiple HDMI cables for under $50? Also, explain to me why you can't get things shipped to Hawaii, because most online retailers ship there.

Also, as I said previously, if you have an HDMI cable for your current 360 you can always keep it and use it for the upgrade. If not then what are you using your three HDMI cables on?

No sad to say the island im on doesn't have a targets, well thats not entirly true there is one on the entire other side of the island but we ain't driven that damn far out for a damn cable, gas is far worse..

And as for the shipping thing, your guess is as good as mine, really if someone could help me out here it would be nice, i need a HDMI cable for my current tweaked Xbox 360 arcade, i normally have to switch back and forth from my PS3 to my 360, its pissing me off now since im getting back into 360 gaming again.

And as for the 3 HDMI cables, one is for my dads HDTV set-up thing, my mom has something going on in her room god knows what, and the last one is shared between my PS3 and my 360.

What island are you on?

Do you live in Hilo?

Anyway, you could get a cable from a lot of Hong Kong stores on ebay. There's also dealextreme.com that offers cables at good price. The good thing about those stores is that they ship for free worldwide.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

This still comes with component cables for those cheap enough not to want to buy HDMI. Component does 1080p on 360 jsut like HDMI.

Godot said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Onyxmeth said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
deathgod33 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

What island are you on?

Do you live in Hilo?

Anyway, you could get a cable from a lot of Hong Kong stores on ebay. There's also dealextreme.com that offers cables at good price. The good thing about those stores is that they ship for free worldwide.

No, lol but Hilo IS the nearst major city town, the other one is a really cold area up in the mountains though.

Sounds awesome, really getting tired of sharing HDMI cables between the HD twins.

disolitude said:
This still comes with component cables for those cheap enough not to want to buy HDMI. Component does 1080p on 360 jsut like HDMI.

Based on the article, it's saying that it doesn't even come with component cables, just regular composite cables for SDTVs.

"In fact, they don't even ship with component cables either, just some SD composite cables, meaning anyone with a HDTV is going to have to pay a little extra. A HD tax, if you will."

You can get them at most places you buy the console for much less than the rumored $100.00 price difference.