By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How are WiiWare games going to fit on my Wii?

Looking at the screens for FF:CC it has damn nice graphics, it will take up a lot of blocks I will assume.

I already have my Wii packed with VC games, I have a 2gig SD card for my Wii but changing channels with it is a pain, for those of you who don't know, you can not access VC games if they are on your SD card, they must be on your Wii, so switching around is the only option.

Why can't I just access everything I have bought for my Wii on the Wii channels?
Why don't Nintendo release an update allowing cross-over for the SD cards and channels?
Buying more memory is useless if you can not access what is stored on it without having to copy paste off the card.

Their are 4 pages of channels right, never will you even see the 3rd page with anything because channels are limited by the Wii's room, so you can never properly update your Wii's memory with an SD card.

I think this helps stump VC sales, I'd love to buy WaveRace 64, but I want it on my channels not stuck hidden away on my SD card.

Around the Network

My guess is a hard drive add on in the future. If Nintendo doesn't make one a 3rd party will figure out a way. Bank on it

Simple dummy. Nintendo wants you to buy a second Wii... idiot.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

nobody knows the answer, but it seems obvious that something is coming out soon to remedy that. Certainly before WiiWare comes out we should see something.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

RolStoppable said:

I am quite confident to reach the 4th page of the Wii menu. I have already filled up half of the 3rd page and have still 660 blocks left.

As for the topic, no idea and I don't care at the moment to think about it. 

You must be a fan of the 8 bit.

Around the Network
rasone77 said:
My guess is a hard drive add on in the future. If Nintendo doesn't make one a 3rd party will figure out a way. Bank on it

The hard drive itself makes no difference.

Its the ability of the games to run directly off the hard drive that matters. And if they can do that - they can run them off a SD card (which is effectively a hard disk, with lower latency, better read rates and lower overall storage).

The only real issue is piracy.

If they aren't careful, it could become trivial to upload a WiiWare/VC game to the SD card from the web - then play it on the Wii. It would be the worst possible outcome for Ninty.

I have downloaded a HEAP of stuff, and still have about 1/3rd my total memory free. I will run out of space at some point, but it might be a trivial thing to clear things for extra space (and dl them later if needed).

This is also an issue that should affect only 1% (if that) of overall Wii users - so they aren't too fussed about it now. It also has no impact on immediate sales.

It would be a nice bombshell to drop before Xmas next year - "Wii hard disk announced". Open the way for large media transfers (music purchasing, etc..).

I'm more worried about not having space to download music files for games such as RockBand & GHIII.  

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099