By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why does USA have "In god we trust" on it's money?

Kasz216 said:
ManusJustus said:
Kasz216 said:

Unitarian christian has like nothing to do with unitarians though.

Unitarian christian is basically protesetant.  It's "I'm a christian but i believe that God suprasses the son and holy ghost in importance."

Which is... probably what most christians believe now despite all the trinity stuff.

Unitarian Christians believe in strict monotheism, where God as the only diety and Jesus is a prophet or great person but not a god.  Most Christians would disagree with Jesus not being a god.

I actually disagree.

I think most people despite what their religion says believes jesus is subordanite to god.

Well, there are so many factions of Christianity that we couldnt list what everyone thinks of Jesus here.  But I always thought the main idea was that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost were equals.

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Erm, what? ManusJustus, do you understand what Monotheism means? One god. No, not two. One. No Christian thinks Jesus is a god.

Erm, What?

It's simple. No person that's Christian believes that Jesus is a god. You said otherwise, so I assume that you don't know what you're talking about.

MontanaHatchet said:
ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Erm, what? ManusJustus, do you understand what Monotheism means? One god. No, not two. One. No Christian thinks Jesus is a god.

Erm, What?

It's simple. No person that's Christian believes that Jesus is a god. You said otherwise, so I assume that you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm assuming there is a miscommunication here.  Are you actually saying that Christians do not think that Jesus is a god?

ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:
ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Erm, What?

I'm assuming there is a miscommunication here.  Are you actually saying that Christians do not think that Jesus is a god?

No, there is not a miscommunication here. Don't speak on things you don't understand. Many Christians believe that Jesus is God incarnate, however, there is only one god of any kind in the Christian religion. And that is God. It's a monotheistic religion. I can't believe how simple this is, and you can't grasp it. I'm facepalming.

Christians don't believe that Jesus is a god, they believe that Jesus is the physical incarnation of the only god ... The father, son and holy ghost are the same entity in Christianity

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

No, there is not a miscommunication here. Don't speak on things you don't understand. Many Christians believe that Jesus is God incarnate, however, there is only one god of any kind in the Christian religion. And that is God. It's a monotheistic religion. I can't believe how simple this is, and you can't grasp it. I'm facepalming.

Yeah, you should be smacked in the face for not understanding such a well understood and simple idea.

For Christians, Jesus is the Son of God, and 'God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.'

ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Yeah, you should be smacked in the face for not understanding such a well understood and simple idea.

For Christians, Jesus is the Son of God, and 'God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.'

You should be smacked in the face for not knowing what you're talking about.

Christians believe that Jesus is God incarnate, but they don't believe he is a god. You originally said that Jesus was God, and he certainly isn't. He's Jesus. He's God incarnate, but he is not God, nor is he a god.

MontanaHatchet said:
ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Yeah, you should be smacked in the face for not understanding such a well understood and simple idea.

Christians believe that Jesus is God incarnate, but they don't believe he is a god. You originally said that Jesus was God, and he certainly isn't. He's Jesus. He's God incarnate, but he is not God, nor is he a god.

Jesus is considered the Son of God.

And stop smacking yourself in the face.  I'm sure it makes it harder to type, which could partially be a reason for your ridiculous posts.

ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:
ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:

And stop smacking yourself in the face.  I'm sure it makes it harder to type, which could partially be a reason for your ridiculous posts.

Yeah, so? I'm the son of my father, it doesn't mean that I'm my father. Jesus is the son of God, but he is not a God. He is also not God. There is only one God. I'm writing repetitive sentences, because it fits this argument. It's getting nowhere.

By the way, nice job on the snappy ending lines. It almost makes up for the fact that your argument is completely idiotic.

MontanaHatchet said:
ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:
ManusJustus said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Yeah, so? I'm the son of my father, it doesn't mean that I'm my father. Jesus is the son of God, but he is not a God. He is also not God. There is only one God. I'm writing repetitive sentences, because it fits this argument. It's getting nowhere.

By the way, nice job on the snappy ending lines. It almost makes up for the fact that your argument is completely idiotic.

I'm facepalming.