By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Singstar PS3 Delayed!

http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=9091&sid=3c190fe415fefa5680f10be51076fd0a&title=SingStar+PS3+delayed

Sony won't even give a release period now, let alone a date.  It was scheduled for November, but now may not even be out this year.

The articles says Sony states they want to make the game perfect, but industry rumours say its really legal licensing issues.

With yet another Major Franchise now missing from the Sony 2007 line-up I would've said Sony were deliberately waiting till next year, but that is totally contradicted by their recent price-cut.  Really, they are just stuffed this year. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

It's a dangerous tactic to gamble everything on 2008.
They shouldnt underestimate 360 and Wii games coming out in 2008.
Furthermore the might lose over a million units sale to both systems during the most important sale period in the year.

So I don't understand their strategy, decrease the price for a console with no games to a level higher than its direct competitor (360) which has loads of great games and then delay your main casual titel so you cannot compete with Wii over that market anymore.

Does Sony want to lose this war?

I don't quite understand. How many songs will be included on the disc? Will it be 100% downloads?

It is already out in Sweden. Guys from Neogaf have got it.

You know I really want a PS3, but with developers pushing titles back to 2008 and 2009, thats just making me hold off on the purchases until those titles get released.

I really want this game it was going to be a main purchases when I got my PS3, now that this is on delay till sometime in 2008. I'm really thinking waiting till 2009, when FFXIII releases.

Around the Network

I don't mean this sarcastically, but.. so.. whats left on the table for PS3 this year? I can only think of Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank