By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim 299.99 @ Best Buy?

fadetoone said:
L.C.E.C. said:
$9.99 games? OK, I can believe it's not butter.

They had a sale a couple months ago where a lot of new-ish and halfway decent games were $9.99, but they definitely weren't the same caliber games as in these pics.

I could believe Assassin's Creed, LAIR, and maybe even BioSHOCK, but when I saw LBP and MGS4 I was just like NO WAY...

Around the Network

Well, looking at the picture very closely, we'll know come August 30th. That's the day that this flyer supposedly becomes vaild. (Look closely in the lower-right corner. There are valid through dates; the August part is legible, the other month mentioned is longer and looks like September to me. Thus, that week.)

However, one thing does make me skeptical. Note the SKU on the new PS3: 8112394. While this SKU is not found on BB.com, all the newer items that are being added to the site (and that are availiable in stores) start with a 9. A SKU starting with an 8 is an older item. Plus I can't help but notice the lack of a SKU on every other item. So I can't say for certain that this is real or not, but something in me says no.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and the price ending in 98? That's something else I've never seen BB do. That seems more of a Walmart thing. And why would a flyer for the that week prominently feature something that's not due out until the following week? (Price tag stating 9/6 release.) I'd almost say with certainty that it's fake now.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

L.C.E.C. said:
COKTOE said:
Nice! Looks pretty real to me. My cousin just got his PS3 2 weeks ago. Bad timing. But I've twice bought consoles within weeks of a price drop (GC&PS2).

You do know, he could take it back to the store, ya know?

lol, that's what I told my buddy to do with his new 360 Pro. he bought it a week ago, I informed him to return it as it will be reduced in price very soon.

He took it back today when I provided more proof with that ad from earlier today.

yeah i believe its true sales will explode now wow 299 i would of never guessed after everybody saying how much sony lost i would of thought 350

big move by sony

Play Me

superchunk said:
L.C.E.C. said:
COKTOE said:
Nice! Looks pretty real to me. My cousin just got his PS3 2 weeks ago. Bad timing. But I've twice bought consoles within weeks of a price drop (GC&PS2).

lol, that's what I told my buddy to do with his new 360 Pro. he bought it a week ago, I informed him to return it as it will be reduced in price very soon.

He took it back today when I provided more proof with that ad from earlier today.

Today's "Proof" didn't seem reliable, but the photo of the boxes without the pro seemed more reliable...

On the flipside, I will laugh my ass off if that wasn't real either.

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
superchunk said:
L.C.E.C. said:
COKTOE said:

Today's "Proof" didn't seem reliable, but the photo of the boxes without the pro seemed more reliable...

On the flipside, I will laugh my ass off if that wasn't real either.

Well, if next week rolls around and neither MS or Sony say anything, then quite  few of us will be saying "WTF!!!"

... and my friend will be giving me all kinds of ish.

does it say available 9/6 above the ps3? If so fake. Even though its probably fake its a decent mock up. Sony could have taken out the whole ad space thus why its th eonly feature on the page. The only thing thats weird is 9/6 is a sunday.

L.C.E.C. said:
COKTOE said:

It's often up to the store's manager, but most store policies in my neck of the woods are: If you've opened it and there's nothing wrong, to bad for you, enjoy your purchase.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

why doesnt someone call best buy and ask if this is true, i would call but the best buy by my area is closed

COKTOE said:
L.C.E.C. said:
COKTOE said:

It's often up to the store's manager, but most store policies in my neck of the woods are: If you've opened it and there's nothing wrong, to bad for you, enjoy your purchase.

Considering my XC coach took back his PS3 after owning it for 3 months, I'd say it'll work out. If not, you could always say that there was something wrong with it, and say that you're "giving up" on the PS3 because you had a bad experience... like that it won't connect to your router...