By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Slim stuff...

FIRST OFF!! To those who think Slim will be more expensive than the current 80GB PS3 at $399.99 USD

w...t...h...are you smoking?

The POINT of a Slimline version of a gaming console is to lower the ammount of materia needed to build the system and to provide a cheaper price point for the consumers while allowing retail stores make a higher net profit off the system which in turn= timed sales of the system on holidays (Black Friday) without cost to the Manufactuer (sony) and brand loyalty from certain stores===Great for Sony.

Remember when the Ps2 was made slim?  Remember the Black Friday sale the first year it was released?  Millions of PS2's sold because of it.  THE MOST it will be is..$349.99 (USD) and that would be for a Bundle/special addition with added accessories.

BTW i have it in good accord that the

Slim will release September 21st 2009 at 299.99 with Extended MAG Beta Code, $40.00 Prepaid PSN card, HDMI cable, and $10.00 Voucher for a Bluetooth Headset or Game of your choice.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

Joystiq thinks it will be more expensive.

Also, who cares if it comes with an HMDI cable? Those cost $4 or $5 shipped. Most people I know have a pile of extra HDMI cables. The only reason it wouldn't come with an HDMI cable in the first place is if Sony wanted to be bastards about it.

TheBigFatJ said:
Joystiq thinks it will be more expensive.

Also, who cares if it comes with an HMDI cable? Those cost $4 or $5 shipped. Most people I know have a pile of extra HDMI cables. The only reason it wouldn't come with an HDMI cable in the first place is if Sony wanted to be bastards about it.

Who cares if it comes with an HDMI cable?

You realize that the current PS3's do not come with an HDMI cable right?

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

why didn't you post this in the Official PS3 Slim Thread?

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

because i didnt know it existed :P

Around the Network

PSP Go! says hello.....