By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Datel XSATA Hard Drive Disc-PC USB Adapter... Considering buying it...Help?

OK, I really don't feel like paying a huge lump sum of money for an overpriced HDD. I only have about 1GB out of a 20GB HDD.

1. Datel XSATA Hard Drive Disc-PC USB Adapter:  http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/XB360-XSATA___EF000192.aspx

2. XB360 MAX Memory: http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/XB360-MAX-Memory-4GB___EF000778.aspx

I have two reasons why my HDD is so full:

Ninja Gaiden: Black Xbox originals

Rock Band Songs

NGB is a whopping 6.8GB, and The Rock Band Songs take up aroud 2.8 GB.

I have a bunch of questions. For the X-SATA:

1. Can I use the X-SATA with my Seagate 500GB USB HDD? Because I would gladly use the first 120GB (If it's possible to move my other files to next sectors, however that is possible).

2. Do I NEED a PC? or can I get it to send it to the HDD directly or can I just buy a device that will simply push the files (like I have seen with iPods, ect.) to the Drive? Because I can use an old POS laptop my mom has if necessary.

3. Do I even need my actual HDD anymore with the X-SATA? because I wouldn't mind selling it after that point.

For the MAX Memory:

1. Is there a standard SD version? because I would sell my 20GB HDD to use 32GB SDHC cards, but I only see a MicroSD version...

2. is there somewhere I could buy the Max memory without the memory card? because SDHC's are much cheaper than what they are being charged for in the package, and I would gladly just put all of my Rockband/GH/ect. songs on that and plug it in when necessary.

3. Is the above plug-in setup possible?

Thanks. Tell me what my best option is if you can. If there are any other options (that are better, even if it involves hacks), let me know.

Around the Network

Maybe I should have picked a more appealing thread title... x_x

Man...the stuff you are lookig to use, this looks complicated...lol

why don't you jsut delete some songs and stuff and then re-downlaod it when you want to use them? :)

disolitude said:

why don't you jsut delete some songs and stuff and then re-downlaod it when you want to use them? :)

Well, I would for Ninja Gaiden Black, but MS is discontinuing XBO's... And I don't own RB1. I borrowed my cousin's copy... and now that GH5 has exportable GHWT songs... I am going to be OUT of HDD space ;_;

They are not discontinuing XBO. They just are not making any more new ones

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
disolitude said:

Well, I would for Ninja Gaiden Black, but MS is discontinuing XBO's... And I don't own RB1. I borrowed my cousin's copy... and now that GH5 has exportable GHWT songs... I am going to be OUT of HDD space ;_;

Even if they remove it off of Live, you can still redownload it from your download history.  As far as the hard drives, I have no idea.

JaggedSac said:
L.C.E.C. said:
disolitude said:

Even if they remove it off of Live, you can still redownload it from your download history.  As far as the hard drives, I have no idea.

Really? I might do that then... Is there some kind of guarantee in the terms of use or something?

I don't know about anything in the TOS, but I tried it the other day and it worked for Double Dragon (which was delisted recently).