By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How scary is dead space?

Well I'm about to buy Deadspace this week. And i pretty much was wondering how scary the game this game is...I've read alot of comments

on GT and YT..And they keep comparing the game to bioshock for some reason..I didn't find Bioshock scary at all good game but no way shape or form scary for me...the only footage i've seen are the dead space Trailers..Is it scarier that condemned or silent hill?

Around the Network

Not scary, has a couple jumpy momemnts if you play in the dark thats all

Dead space isn't scary. There's a few jump scares here and there, but nothing that tops Condemned and Silent hill.

Regardless, it's a great game. Enjoy

If you play in the dark and have surround sound, then yes it is pretty scary. The sound in the game is perhaps the best of this gen imo.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

on a scale from 1 to 10. 1.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Nothing scary at all. It's disturbing though, just like BioShock.

You'll figure out it's a bit like Doom 3 with "aliens" coming out of obvious areas, and after a while you'll have seen them all... The game is still great, you'll have a blast!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

It has its scary moments, but it keeps the intense feeling the entire game.

It's a thrill! Enjoy it!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well personally im a bit of a wuss and it had its scary moments for me, but nothing too bad. Extremely good game, and a wise choice to purchase

Besides condemned are there any more scary games this gen?

Dark_Rulez89 said:
Besides condemned are there any more scary games this gen?

Not as scary as condemned.

I am a huge horror game fan and have played pretty much every HD scary console game this year (except Siren on ps3). Below are my ratings showing how scary each game is.

Condemned 1 - 8.5

Condemned 2 - 6

FEAR - 5

Silent Hill Homecoming - 5

Dead Space - 4 (5 if you like BOO! scares but you have waaay too much ammo for any true scares)

FEAR 2 - 4

Bioshock - 3

Alone in the Dark - 2

Resident evil 5 - 1

This gen only Condemned gets to the level of the top dogs like Resident Evil Remake, Silent Hill 2 and Eternal Darkness.