By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Play N Learn

I read the new bundle was going to retail (in Canada) for only $10 more than the basic bundle.

So my guess is just BBA added as a bonus title.

It doesn't make sense for Ninty to add any titles that are already selling well - such as WiiPlay.

Plus - with the BBA/Wiimote pack in Australia, that effectively prices BBA at $10.

Nintendo have sold more than enough "full-price" copies of BBA to make their money. Now its time to leverage on the title, and send sales of it through the roof (1m+ for rest of year?) by bundling it with the current Wii package.

Great move in my opinion.

In the US still be cheaper than the 360 Arcade bundle - and it comes with *two* full games (and will keep parents real happy!).

Expect the same thing in Europe, and maybe Japan.

Japan may just get a WiiFit bundle - should be enough to sell out over the holidays.

All Ninty had to do is "tweak" the basic package, and it would ensure a holiday sellout. They have basically done that - while losing minimal value from overall sales.

A lot of people will buy WiiPlay and the WiiZapper bundles with it as well - and maybe MP8 and Galaxy.

Still, I am a little surprised they haven't put out a more "premium" bundle - throw in an extra $100US, and bundle another 2-3 games with it. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

In Sweden (don't know about others), we have a bundle with Rayman and extra remote/nunchuck for around $150 extra. And a Heatseeker bundle for $15 extra.