By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Report : PS3 faltering as publishers back Wii

Neos said:

hypocrism. those were the same games that flooded the ps2.

The Gamecube was better than the PS2, so it realy doesn't matter.

Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
Neos said:

hypocrism. those were the same games that flooded the ps2.

The Gamecube was better than the PS2, so it realy doesn't matter.

sure it was. but 120++ million don't agree with you

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:

I don't care about sell numbers. The games on the Gamecube were on a whole different level. The Gamecube had quality that the PS2 could not match.

grandmaster192 said:
Neos said:

I don't care about sell numbers. The games on the Gamecube were on a whole different level. The Gamecube had quality that the PS2 could not match.

Yes i would say that also if i were in your position. Anyways, this is what us, gamecube owners said last time when it got destroyed by the ps2. See any resemblance..?

And above all, this is a sales site lol, you should really care.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@Grandmaster

You are probably the only person who thinks that seeing as that the GC was outsold by the PS2 by tens of millions. I know you don't care about numbers but they don't care about you either, seeing as that the gc lost.

@Neos

This thread is about the Wii having the most titles and I was just asking if you discount what I said, how many titles are "really" coming to the Wii.

Around the Network

"256 bit gaming"

Haha.

Are we like, back in 1995?

Most consumers don't look at the best games and go: "Well that system must be good". If they did then Dreamcast and N64 woould be significantly more successful than they were.

Most consumers actually say: "Bloody hell, the shelves are heaving with games for that system. There must be a good reason, and it's a good price. All my friends are talking about it and getting one. I'll get that one!"

It worked for NES, it worked for Genesis, it eventually worked for SNES, it worked for PS1, PS2, Gameboy and GBA.

Neos said:

Yes i would say that also if i were in your position. Anyways, this is what us, gamecube owners said last time when it got destroyed by the ps2. See any resemblance..?

What do you mean by "If I were in your position"? I like playing games that are the highest quality a generation has to offer. I always look for the n64 of the generation, not the Ps1.

bugmenot said:
"256 bit gaming"

Haha.

Are we like, back in 1995?

Most consumers don't look at the best games and go: "Well that system must be good". If they did then Dreamcast and N64 woould be significantly more successful than they were.

Most consumers actually say: "Bloody hell, the shelves are heaving with games for that system. There must be a good reason, and it's a good price. All my friends are talking about it and getting one. I'll get that one!"

It worked for NES, it worked for Genesis, it eventually worked for SNES, it worked for PS1, PS2, Gameboy and GBA.

QFT.  I think there's more to the popularity of a system than the pure volume of games, and you need to make sure there are quality titles available as well as the shovelware (that shouldn't be a problem with Nintendo leading the way).  That said, gaming in quantity always seems to win...whether this is the cause or the effect of having the most popular hardware is debatable, but quality games will not win the console "war" unless it's a very close battle.

grandmaster192 said:
Neos said:

What do you mean by "If I were in your position"? I like playing games that are the highest quality a generation has to offer. I always look for the n64 of the generation, not the Ps1.

Well I'd say that any game on PS3 would struggle to match MPC or even Twilight Princess in terms of quality, unless by quality you mean graphics? 

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

grandmaster192 said:
Neos said:

I look at all the consoles of the generation, because good games are not exclusive to just one consol.e

I win.  

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"