By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Report : PS3 faltering as publishers back Wii

now, where's that "cherry picking" sig?

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
kber81 said:
grandmaster192 said:

I'm sure the Wii has some good 3rd party games.

Nope. It's hard to believe but there is nothing good. It's hard to find third party game with metascore over 75%.

Eight of the top fifteen. Did you count differently than me?

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

fkusumot said:

Nope. You are correct. It's really sad. Only 15 of 85 Wii games have score +75%... 

45 of 83 PS3 games have score +75%... It clearly shows that it's not easy to buy a good game for Wii.

Faxanadu said:

I dont know what kind of people I am when you refer to me as "you people". I would love all consoles to have support, which in fact they do. However, saying that 86 and 38 are almost the same support in any case is just not right. Thats what I dont like, "you people" claiming such things. Then one can also say that 250 USD and 500 USD are almost the same price as well. One is twice the other, plain as that.

I'm not claiming they're "almost the same" number. I am, however, claiming that the support for all the three consoles are strong. You have to look at more than just the number of games coming out. Things like what console 3rd parties are putting the mot time, effort, money and resources come into pay, as well.

kber81 said:
fkusumot said:

Nope. You are correct. It's really sad. Only 15 of 85 Wii games have score +75%...

45 of 83 PS3 games have score +75%... It clearly shows that it's not easy to buy a good game for Wii.

there are atleast 7 third party games coming out for the wii before Q2 next year that will score above 75%

atleast 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

The Playstation 3 and Wii have over 80 games out already?

grandmaster192 said:
Faxanadu said:

I dont know what kind of people I am when you refer to me as "you people". I would love all consoles to have support, which in fact they do. However, saying that 86 and 38 are almost the same support in any case is just not right. Thats what I dont like, "you people" claiming such things. Then one can also say that 250 USD and 500 USD are almost the same price as well. One is twice the other, plain as that.

I'm not claiming they're "almost the same" number. I am, however, claiming that the support for all the three consoles are strong. You have to look at more than just the number of games coming out. Things like what console 3rd parties are putting the mot time, effort, money and resources come into pay, as well.

I think you are right on that one. Since I dont have any clue on the effort, money and time that is put into most of the games, I cant and dont ant to argue. Just thinking about big brand names (MGS4, RE5, FFXIII), you are right that they are the big projects from some big studios.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Neos said:

there are atleast 7 third party games coming out for the wii before Q2 next year that will score above 75%

atleast

7? I can provide to you at least 25 PS3 games that will score +75% before Q2. How about this year? C'mon it's really depressing. Don't get me wrong - I don't care about Wii lineup. I just find it funny you start a thread to prise Wii's third party supporters. They should try harder. No high quality software so far. As I said before - nothing to be proud of. Seriously.

Well i don't agree that there are no good 3rd party games for the Wii now, or in the future. Don't you think that Soul Caliber will be a good game for the Wii? Don't you suppose that Nights into dreams is good? Hell, even the next Medal of Honor looks good. How about No more Heroes? What about Manhunt 2? C'mon kber, just because the xbox and PS3 have more flashy games in terms of graphics doesn't mean that the Wii doesn't have any good 3rd party games. You should know this.
And I didn't even mention Konami and Squaresoft with their games.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

kber81 said:
Neos said:

atleast

7? I can provide to you at least 25 PS3 games that will score +75% before Q2. How about this year? C'mon it's really depressing. Don't get me wrong - I don't care about Wii lineup. I just find it funny you start a thread to prise Wii's third party supporters. They should try harder. As I said before - nothing to be proud of. Seriously.

like most people can even pay 25 ps3 games in that short period, especially in sony land.

you're funny 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!