By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Guitar Hero 5 finally...

Finally a Wii version that not only has EVERY single feature and look the PS360 versions have, but also has far more. This will be my first GH purchase as they finally have made it worth it.

Full DLC
No use of any Wii internal memory (SD Card)
Drop in/out seamless play
8player online
4 local
full connectivity with past DLC and all instruments in World Tour
85 track list fully usable at beginning
Can make custom tracks
Can record your show and share
Mii Use
NO FRIEND CODES -- That's right as long as they are already in your Wii friend list its automatic. The way it should be.
New DS connectivity in new Roadie Battle mode (read IGN below for more info)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/100/1009916p1.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1010720p1.html

Only negative I can see is it actually costs the same as the PS360 versions instead of being $10 less. :( But, it has more features so I'm ok with that.

Who's gonna get it and which version?

RELEASE DATE: 9/1/09

Around the Network

Strangely enough, this might be the first Guitar Hero I ever get.

Pixel Art can be fun.

awesome Ill get it day 1

Yep. I will support devs who actually try and make the Wii version comparable to PS360.

This is how it should be. Not adding stupid minigames and complete lack of online, but full featured and add stuff where it counts.

i will get this first day also is there any news on guitar hero van halen

Around the Network

If you checkout my profile, you can see that I was going to buy this game anyway. Having said that, I'm very glad that they finally put the effort in the Wii version. GHWT Wii is the best selling version, selling more than the HD versions combined, thus it was a must for the next main GH Wii game to be the definitive version.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

I edited OP for release date in case some didn't know.

Sounds nice despite the fact I cant play GH for the life of me.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

so other than the useless ds connectivity and mii support, what else makes this the better version?

So what of those features aren't in the other games?