By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - E74 / RRoD 3 year warranty question.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/hardware/warranty/postservicewarranty/Post-ServiceWarranty.aspx

It's 90 days if you have it repair under warranty + remaining balance of your warranty, if your console is out of warranty and you paid to get it fix you get 1 year + remaining balance of any (RROD / E74 Warranty).

Around the Network

i talked to them today about it. officially Microsoft puts the remainder of time on the 360 you get back from them. But i did challenge them on why they have fixed 360's that was out of warranty from disk drives to hard drives and some they wont, why some have to pay $20 for game replacement disk and why others they will send free. they admitted they do occasionally fix out of date warranty 360 and sometimes replace game disks for some but couldn't tell me what triggers those out of warranty fixes or why they will replace one persons game for free and another they wont. so i basically said so if someone is polite you want fix it but if they get on you about a known documented faulty product that chews disks and warps motherboards you will. i got a slight chuckle and was asked if i would like a free 48 hour live gold code. sure why not.

anyone that wants the free 48 hour code post and let me know and ill send the code to you.

Yep, i'm a girl