By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: No Wii price cuts, AC:CF/Wii Music didnt reach expectations.

HappySqurriel said:

Nintendo's in a position where they can't win with people like you ... If they release enough games on their own to fully drive hardware sales they are monopolizing the market and hurting third party publishers, and if they leave room for third party publishers to be successful they aren't doing enough to please their customers.

lol @ leave room for third party publishers. They just want one or two games like MK Wii and Wii Fit that dominate sales for long periods. Thing is, Wii Fit drove hardware sales for months. Wii Fit + aint gonna do that. Keep drinking that Nintendo Kool-aid...

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

they also have Wii Sports Resort to carry the Wii this holiday

and on the DS they have a new Zelda game, they will ahve a great xmas

HappySqurriel said:

Nintendo's in a position where they can't win with people like you ... If they release enough games on their own to fully drive hardware sales they are monopolizing the market and hurting third party publishers, and if they leave room for third party publishers to be successful they aren't doing enough to please their customers.

I never said that, so you have to try again.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

To extend my bet that next year will be dramatically better than this year, just look at the upcoming games (i.e. before March 2010)

WSR ~ huge (m+)
NSMBWii ~ huge
WiiFit+ ~ huge
MetroidM ~ big
Galaxy 2 ~ huge
MHTri ~ big
Capcom vs title ~ big
(insert multiplatform titles like GH) ~ big
(insert other exclusive games like Silent Hill, next HVS, etc) ~ together = big

Black Wii ~ big

All in all, xmas will be better than last year and their 1/2 qtr will be at least double this year.

JUG said:
I think NSMBWii has more selling power than Super Mario Galaxy. 3D mario games are still a bit intimidating to a lot of the casual audience. NSMBWii has casual-friendly family fun written all over it AND it's going to rake in the hardcore because it's the first console-based 2D Mario title in ages.

I heard that Wii fit Plus was going to sell at half the price of a normal game unbundled. If that's true, then I think it will pick up a lot of custom from the original Wii Fit purchasers.

Wii games don't follow the same patterns DS games have. AC, for example was huge on the DS and way smaller for the Wii.
I think NSMB was huge because it was portable. I have no doubts NSMBWii will sell amazingly, but 10 million in less than 5 months, I have to say no way.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I bought both AC and Wii Music to support you Nintendo. Send me some free grub :)

People didn't want to troll with you hey tres?